baumer

Transformers Last Knight 5.5m in previews...WW 5.45 -37% from last Tuesday

Just now, JB33 said:

Agree! I'll put up with kids way before I'll put up with teenagers. These days I can't encounter any of them without wanting to punch them because they all act like such imbeciles. They run things everywhere they are and it shows.

:kitschjob:

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Agree! I'll put up with kids way before I'll put up with teenagers. These days I can't encounter any of them without wanting to punch them because they all act like such imbeciles. They run things everywhere they are and it shows.

:bravo:

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

There were so many horror stories when The Bye Bye Man came out :lol: 

Mama was my first experience with this. It was, literally, like being in a cafeteria. People were screaming randomly, throwing things at the screen... I was in disbelief at the time.

12 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Thank you for posting this.

My older son is autistic and not a day goes by where he doesn't have some kind of meltdown, wether at home or in public. We try our best to always sit in the last row of the theatre and always go see movies at either 10am or before noon in hopes of having less people in the theatre with us.

All I can to add to what has already been stated is a little compassion can go a long way, especially to a family like mine. We all try our best but we can't just keep the kids hidden away at home. 

I work with adolescents and children on the autism spectrum.  During my shifts, a lot of meltdowns happen you can control them. A lot of the time the child can't control it.   I agree it is good to bring your child in public. They want to be with families, have fun and enjoy the same actives. 

• Like 2

I would also just like to add that just cause someone has kids doesn't give them free reign to be an asshole. There are plenty of bad parents ( I know many) and I'm sure tons of you have experienced shitty situations where the parents just aren't doing their proper jobs as parents.

I completely agree with what  @Telemachos is saying with regards to matinees, it's really hard for people who don't have children or who haven't been around them a lot to understand. I mean I hated kids till I actually had one lol. A lot of you guys will probably look back on this later on when you have kids and laugh. We all thought this way at some point in our lives. 

• Like 8

Just now, Nova said:

You tried with this joke but we all know you know what Snap chat is. 

I kinda resemble the joke tho -- never downloaded it, don't even know what the interface looks like. :lol: Is this the one where people put weird cat noses and shit on themselves?

Just now, Dexter of Suburbia said:

I work with adolescents and children on the autism spectrum.  During my shifts, a lot of meltdowns happen you can control them. A lot of the time the child can't control it.   I agree it is good to bring your child in public. They want to be with families, have fun and enjoy the same actives. 

Out of likes but I like this! 

• Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

I kinda resemble the joke tho -- never downloaded it, don't even know what the interface looks like. :lol: Is this the one where people put weird cat noses and shit on themselves?

:kitschjob:

• Like 1

Also in regards to Snap Chat....I didn't realize that was still a thing. I have one but I don't even remember the last time I've opened it. A few years back it was all the rage or whatever and now I don't know too many folks who actively use it. And when compared to before, it's practically fallen off the map. Most folks I know just post on Instagram and use Instagram stories. 

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

When we saw Guardians there was a child around 10 being very loud and his parents apologized to everyone in the area and said that he was on the spectrum and was really excited to see this movie. Not saying at all that's what happened to Han but that is definitely not the first time that happened to me. Those kids deserve to see appropriate movies, too, so you have to find a way to balance being respectful with enjoying what you paid for. You never know people's situations. 

:bravo:

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

I think so? :ph34r: I haven't opened mine in a few years so I don't even know if it operates the same. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

it's the one where you send pictures to people that disappear after ten seconds

wonder what that's good for :ph34r:

Just now, Telemachos said:

Instagram... stories?

:rofl:

Instead of posting a picture that stays on your profile....there's a feature that allows you to post pics and videos and they go away after 24 hours. You just click on the person's profile picture to view them. 

You can also go live on Instagram too.