grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

1 hour ago, baumer said:

I love how much pleasure all of you are getting at Transformers finally doing subpar numbers. It must have been so difficult and teeth grinding and nerve-wracking for all of you guys to see Transformers put up such massive numbers over the years even though you hated it so much. Well you finally have something that you can all rally around.

Well, you handled the hatred towards Transformers really well these years. If all the other franchises fans deal with the haters the way you do,

this forum would be too boring.:insane:

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, baumer said:

I love how much pleasure all of you are getting at Transformers finally doing subpar numbers. It must have been so difficult and teeth grinding and nerve-wracking for all of you guys to see Transformers put up such massive numbers over the years even though you hated it so much. Well you finally have something that you can all rally around.

Some people just wanna watch Cybertron burn. 

:sparta: 

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

DM3 is making $300M+...it's probably the last installment that will do so, but the new hook will be enough to bring folks back in...will the reformed super-villain resume his villainous ways or stay on the straight and narrow...eight trillion comics have been sold with this concept over the years, but when have we really seen it on the big screen, especially when it involves a family member trying to drag them back down (Ant-Man is closest, but he was dragging himself down:)?

I think with Minions 2 coming in 2020, audiences might be tired of the franchise if they release a fourth film a year later in 2011. A bigger gap between films say 2022 for DM4 might work to its advantage to keep the franchise fresh. 

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Stealing this from @filmlover in the buzz thread:

I beginning to think it's gonna pull a Semi-Pro.

My predictions for next weekend:

Despicable Me 3- $92M

Baby Driver- $24M (5-day, though hoping it breaks out)

The House- $12M.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I beginning to think it's gonna pull a Semi-Pro.

My predictions for next weekend:

Despicable Me 3- $92M

Baby Driver- $24M (5-day, though hoping it breaks out)

The House- $12M.

I agree with your current predictions, but I'm tempted to go sub-10M on The House. Baby Driver is going to suck up all the comedy buzz with The House not having reviews.

Like the studio itself, I don't think the WB stans on here are going to acknowledge The House at all :lol: When WB dumps a movie, they dump it. Just look at Unforgettable. Hell, Going in Style feels like it had more buzz than The House does.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Like the studio itself, I don't think the WB stans on here are going to acknowledge The House at all :lol: When WB dumps a movie, they dump it. Just look at Unforgettable. Hell, Going in Style feels like it had more buzz than The House does.

It's a New Line film, they'll recover any losses from the profits made by Annabelle and It.

It just looks a bit meh, neither bad nor good.

Anecdotal evidence: I was talking to my sister briefly today about next week's releases. When I spoke about Baby Driver, she said she heard people at work talking about it. When I spoke about The House, she had no idea what it was. She knew what Rough Night was the other week and thought it looked bad :lol: 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Anecdotal evidence: I was talking to my sister briefly today about next week's releases. When I spoke about Baby Driver, she said she heard people at work talking about it. When I spoke about The House, she had no idea what it was. She knew what Rough Night was the other week and thought it looked bad :lol: 

That Elgort fan base is going to show up hard for Baby Driver. Everytime I get the trailer a bunch of teen girls get excited once they see him on screen. 

• Like 1