grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

YES!!!  So many awesome ones in the 90's and early 00's...but this could be like the westerns from the John Wayne era...and era gone that can't really be repeated anymore on film b/c of societal changes.  I wouldn't try to make one now...I'd just pull out my old copies and enjoy...

I think it's the lack of good writers and directors. The 90s and 00s had Nora Ephron, Richard Curtis and Garry Marshall for example and also a lot of actresses and some actors won't touch a romcom with a bargepole. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I think it's the lack of good writers and directors. The 90s and 00s had Nora Ephron, Richard Curtis and Garry Marshall for example and also a lot of actresses and some actors won't touch a romcom with a bargepole. 

The female-centric comedy replaced the romcom pretty much.

6 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I'm in my 20s and its still hard to watch R rated comedies with my mother. My dad on the other hand is a different story. Although we watched the first Hangover together and sure it was somewhat awkward the movie's so hilarious you just overlook it. A lot of time if I know a movie is going to be very raunchy and my mom wants to see it with me I'll just make her wait to catch the edited version on cable to save us both some embarrassment. 

It's worse when your kid is still a minor and PG-13 aged.  I've got a few years before I'll have to decline based on personal preference vs "honey, you're not 17 yet, so you can't go":)...

We did last November's Harry Potter installment for our last mom/daughter movie night (took the 2nd daughter, too, even though she was younger and less of a Potter fan, but dinner out without little boy sibs was worth the price of admission for her)...that's how long it's been since something that caught both our interest (and wasn't a family movie where we all went) has hit theaters...and now I guess it still hasn't:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

The female-centric comedy replaced the romcom pretty much.

Yep. When I went to see Rough Night it seemed exactly like the type of audience you would see at a romcom. Pretty sure Bridesmaids is what started this trend. 

12 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

So without spoilers to those who have seen both, which is worse TF2 or TF5? I find it hard to believe a movie can be worse than that POS.

They're close. Veeeeeeeeeeeery close. I think I'll give The Last Knight a slight advantage in that it has some shocking stuff even by the standards of this series.

• Like 1

Transformers had a per location average of $2,497 minus previews on Wednesday.  It made exactly $2,000 on Thursday.  Paramount controlling the #'s??  Prob not.  But I would not be surprised to see some round numbers this weekend like exactly a 50% increase today to 3,000 then 4,000 Sat, and 3,000 Sunday for a 40.69 weekend.  That would give a 5-day of $64,485,489.  Weekdays should be about 20 million and maybe next weekend is 20 million.  that would be 104.5 million at 12 days going into the Fourth of July weekdays before Spiderman.

21 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

They're close. Veeeeeeeeeeeery close. I think I'll give The Last Knight a slight advantage in that it has some shocking stuff even by the standards of this series.

TF4 is the worst. It is not even a competition lol (and I haven't watched TF5 yet).

• Like 1

it'd be a shame if the house is no1curr bullshit but just for Poehler and Zouks. pretty over will ferrell at this point. ten years ago i was showing up to everything he was in but it's been pretty lame the last few years. i need a step brothers 2 or something to get me back into fan mode. or at least something w/ mckay again, but he's off trying to win oscars and shit.

• Like 3

Just now, Matrix4You said:

What is the bottom right quadrant.  THe first 3 pictures seem to be different showings of values.  I assume it is the same for the bottom right one and the equation is some sort of proof. 

girl i ain't go to school for no fuckin math

• Like 2