grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

16 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'm out of likes, or I'd like this:)...that was Titanic for me (I saw it with my future husband (while we were in the early stages of our relationship) the night before he was leaving for 6 months away from me...and that was both the best and worst movie to see...it STILL brings me to tears!  It was so beautiful, romantic, heart-breaking, captivating, etc)  

Although another movie that is hated that I'll always love is Star Trek Nemesis in Malaysian (we think) with English subtitles.  Yes, that extra info matters b/c at the time, my uber-law-abiding oldest brother (and all of us) knew my dad was dying young (he had a terminal diagnosis) and could not go to theaters to watch movies, but he had watched and loved all things Star Trek his whole life.  So, for Christmas, my brother bought his one and only bootleg movie online from some crazy website that was supposed to deliver by Christmas.  It didn't...and my dad died in early January before it arrived.  But it got there by the funeral and the night of the funeral (after I had flown in), my brother talked about buying the movie and why and we all said we should sit and watch it as a family b/c my dad would have wanted it that way.  What we didn't know is that the people doing the subtitles had little knowledge of Star Trek or really English, so the subtitles became a spectacularly hilarious addition to the movie...and it was perfect for all of us.  We can talk about that movie as a happy memory on a sad day...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, franfar said:

Relationships seem kinda overrated tbh :ph34r:

Honestly, this is true.

Every once in a while I'll feel lonely, so I'll go on a date and then I'm over ut about an hour into it.

I reckon I just haven't found a girl who I work well with.  

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

I love Battleship. I don't care if it lost a boatload or that the scene doesn't make logical sense.

Any movie that takes the Mighty Mo for a spin and lets her show off is worth it.

Edited by ChiSoxRox

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm too young for online dating! :sadben: 

This isn't true at all really.  Just depends on what app you're using.  Tinder's pretty popular for example, although that's mostly for hookups (however I do know some people who started a long term relationship form a tinder date).

Edited by The Panda

1 minute ago, ChiSoxRox said:

I love Battleship. I don't care if it lost a boatload or that the scene doesn't make logical sense.

Any movie that takes the Mighty Mo for a spin and lets her show off is worth it.

The best 5 minutes of the movie. Maybe the only

good 5 minutes of the movie. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Reserved seating has made me late 3x now this year since my local theater added it.  UGHH it is so irritating.

Reserved Seating doesn't always have its perks.

Also, how is Baby Driver tracking compared to Snatched and Baywatch?

God dammit I'm not in the weekend thread to hear about Han's relationship issues or his insecurities about Wonder Woman being well received/continuing to do well at the box office.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

How does it make you late?

It takes forever for each person to choose....the wait has like quadrupled (probably more).  It use to be give $ and go.  Discount Tuesdays = long long lines of the give and go routine.  Now it is like delay delay delay.

Edited by Matrix4You

23 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'm out of likes, or I'd like this:)...that was Titanic for me (I saw it with my future husband (while we were in the early stages of our relationship) the night before he was leaving for 6 months away from me...and that was both the best and worst movie to see...it STILL brings me to tears!  It was so beautiful, romantic, heart-breaking, captivating, etc)  

Titanic, gave me the best impressive movie experience of all time, it's not the best movie of all time, but gave me so much emotional impact....I cried non-stop in that movie, and that kind of melancholy was so brutal..... 

26 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Maybe I'll realize this after a relationship *shrug*

you make it sound like a relationship is something you buy. Just figure out who you are first and then you'll either get a relationship or realize all the other shit in your life you have to work on and realize how much of a timesink a relationship would be and do other stuff with it

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

It takes forever for each person to choose....the wait has like quadrupled (probably more).  It use to be give $ and go.  Discount Tuesdays = long long lines of the give and go routine.  Now it is like delay delay delay.

The key is to buy online beforehand. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

God dammit I'm not in the weekend thread to hear about Han's relationship issues or his insecurities about Wonder Woman being well received/continuing to do well at the box office.

trust me he's not the only Han with relation issues this week :sadben: