Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Yeah no denying that Transformers fans have it the worst out of everyone.

I dunno.

Bayformer fans have two billion dollar movies under their belt and Paramounts biggest franchise. Plus they can anticipate a reboot.

Yeah, they get teased but at least their franchise is mostly successful and relevant.

Meanwhile, many fandoms have franchises in development hell with virtually zero bragging rights.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

If I was Illumination, I would be concerned with DM3's numbers. It's still good but Minions 2 and DM4 might see big declines 

I wonder how Minions 2 or DM4 will do under $200M Domestic if either has DM3 like reception.

27 minutes ago, YourMother said:

If there is one thing Incredibles 2 has to it's advantage for $500M chances is that there won't be a big family film in the first half of 2018. Peter Rabbit has the best chance out of all the January to May animated movies to do $100M domestic and that's still a 50% chance. Even for legs it's only true competition is HT3 (7/13) which might do KFP3 numbers and Amusement Park (8/10) which will do around $70M. 

The Incredibles just isn't iconic the way that Nemo is. Our generation is Nemo's bitch. He's our #1

• Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

The Incredibles just isn't iconic the way that Nemo is. Our generation is Nemo's bitch. He's our #1

True. Still think TI2 will finish in the $420M-$450M range.

• Like 1

On 01/07/2017 at 2:35 PM, marveldcfox said:

REALLy? I had declared TF5 to gross under 150M domestic wayyyy before the opening night. Next one will do worse no matter how good. 

I really thought it would hold better and sneak past it. 

You were correct! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnick said:

Same legs as SLOP (3.57x) will give 269 but that was an original. Boss Baby legs (3.46x) give 261 but that too was not a sequel. Though if Canada Day has deflated the ow, 3.4x is feasible.

Also FUCK THE MINIONS! And FUCK GRU! 

Can't even open up to a respectable number these days. If they were any better, I'd be getting a gold account, god damn it! 

And i only put their OW at like $84M. 

Even the least of expectations wasn't enough. 

WHAT THE FUCK!!!

29 minutes ago, Chaz said:

2017 is turning out to be like 2011. 

Pixar sequel won the previous year, everything animated in 2011 disappointed at the box office. Also included a Cars sequel. Odd. 

Also has an Emma Watson movie at #1, and a Transformers film + a Pirates film both doing significantly less than the previous in their franchises (DOM). Go figure.

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I wonder how Minions 2 or DM4 will do under $200M Domestic if either has DM3 like reception.

Minions 2 will suffer from franchise fatigue, I wouldn't be surprised if it's half of the first film OW which would be fine given the low budgets 

58 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Also thinking Coco at best is doing DM3 numbers. Coco seems likely to do Ratatouille numbers in my opinion. Disney will barely market it in favor for Thor and Jedi and faces The Star, JL, Ferdinand, and Jumanji in terms of family competition.

Jumanji and Ferdinand will be Coco's major competition but not The Star, if anything Coco will hurt The Star rather than the reverse rather like Free Birds was killed by Frozen

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Same legs as SLOP (3.57x) will give 269 but that was an original. Boss Baby legs (3.46x) give 261 but that too was not a sequel. Though if Canada Day has deflated the ow, 3.4x is feasible.

It's a sequel with mixed reviews so the legs won't be as good as those films.

• Like 2