Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

14 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

@Gopher is totally right in that if you fill in Minions for Shrek 3, this has followed that series' progression exactly. Kids grow up fast, and fresh things suddenly become lame and lose their audience. 

But unlike Shrek, they're going to continue making movies in the Minionsverse.

Should be interesting. :popcorn:

3 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

I am fairly confident it will crawl to 250

It needs to have Boss Baby legs to hit 250M, and that's highly unlikely with the upcoming competition and frontloadeness we saw this weekend.

Deadline:

If Warner Bros. has anything to celebrate this weekend, it’s the holding power of Wonder Woman-37% in its fifth weekend with $15.7M. We thought she’d end her stateside journey at $360M, but there’s a good chance she gets close to $380M.

Is that right? $400M completely dead?

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Today, Wonder Woman will become WBs biggest movie since The Dark Knight Rises in 2012. Sometime on Thursday or Friday, Wonder Woman will become the biggest non-Disney movie (minus Jurassic World) since 2013. Currently Pets holds that title, followed by Deadpool.

How could you forgot about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow Part 2 and LoTR; Return of the King?! :blink:

Pets 2 will almost certainly decline from the first. The first movie was not the one most adult viewers were hoping for from the trailer and now they know exactly what the franchise is about.

Sing I think could have some staying power, though. There's always new pop songs to riff on and the characters are likable enough to carry multiple films.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

Remember that due to July 4th falling on Tuesday and Canada Day falling on Saturday the weekend was definitely deflated. Some people and families would have chosen to not rush out on the weekend and instead would wait till Monday or Tuesday to see it. If it were a normal weekend the figure would have been higher. How much higher is difficult to say. 

So dont discount its legs yet. I'd rather wait till at least next weekend to see where it will be headed. 

Minions OD to OW multi - 2.51

DM3 OD to OW multi - 2.48

Minions Legs - 2.9

DM3 total with same legs - 209

Even the same legs as Minions will get this above 200. And again DM3's weekend was deflated so it should post a similar or better multi than minions. Hence I find the talk of sub 200 dom premature 

4 minutes ago, CalifoBoy said:

How could you forgot about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow Part 2 and LoTR; Return of the King?! :blink:

Ummm...read the post again. Carefully.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think it'll make over 200 million because July weekdays are crazy and it might even get to 215-220mil but 250mil? I'd be very surprised.

Yeah weekdays will be strong and despite big weekend drops it will cross 225 imo.

With Shrek4, as weekdays were non-summer, it's weekend holds were great. DM3's 2nd weekend (I guess 32-33) will be closer to Shrek4's 3rd weekend (25.5) than Shrek4's 2nd weekend (43).

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

Pets 2 will almost certainly decline from the first. The first movie was not the one most adult viewers were hoping for from the trailer and now they know exactly what the franchise is about.

Pets 2 could decline and still do enough for a third film. I do agree that it's not going to top the original

4 minutes ago, CalifoBoy said:

Return of the King isn't a Warner Bros film, it's a New Line film before they were folded into WB.

10 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Deadline:

Is that right? $400M completely dead?

With WONDR who knows what the late legs will be like. 380 is the minimum it will do.

It will add ~9 on Mon+Tue combined itself and reach 355 (right now is on 346+).

4.5 on Wed+Thu combined. 8.5 over next weekend (-46% say due to Spidey) will give

355 (by Tue) + 4.5 (Wed-Thu) + 8.5 (weekend) = 368 cume.

Then 2x the weekend (8.5) more gives 368 + 2*8.5 = 368 + 17 = 385 total.

And 3x the weekend more gives 393.5.

• Like 1