Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

It's not pining, it's passed on! It is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't pinned the thread it'd be pushing up the daisies! Its metabolic processes are now history! its off the twig! Its kicked the bucket, shuffled off the mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleeding choir invisibile!

IT IS AN EX BET

Well, better replace it then.

8 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Really? You didn't know of Aquaman's existence? Weird.

I probably should ask around more about this but I'm pretty sure he's well known where I am from. Plus don't forget he'll be coming out in a big role on Justice League before getting his solo movie. I don't see Aquaman doing less than Wonder Woman OS.

Where are you from If I may ask?

I am from Italy and well superheroes were never super popular here. Basically before the Marvel movies the only superheroes that were popular here were Barman, Superman and Spidey.

I think the same goes for more or less the whole Europe. 

I feel you must be from Latin America. There you are much more familiar with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

I bet five cents that Wonder Woman will pass 400M. 20:1 odds. Will pay up the full dollar if I'm wrong.

You really think it has chance of joining that club?! I dream of seeing Diana with a $400 million domestic total!

45 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I am from Italy and well superheroes were never super popular here. Basically before the Marvel movies the only superheroes that were popular here were Barman, Superman and Spidey.

I feel you must be from Latin America. There you are much more familiar with them.

Yeah Ditto, I'm from UK and never heard of Aquaman.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Besides the really big superhero names like Batman, Superman and Spider-man, superheroes are not really that well known in Europe. Here in Denmark all superheroes comics went out of print in the 1980s. The superheroes got a small comeback Spider-man and X-men getting printed in Danish recently, but otherwise US comics are only available in imported untranslated versions that only more adult geeks can find in niche stores. 

So Aquaman is not well known here and neither were Wonder Woman.

Popular comics in Europe are Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Tintin, Asterix and Lucky Luke.

Edited by Maitch
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maitch said:

Besides the really big superhero names like Batman, Superman and Spider-man, superheroes are not really that well known in Europe. Here in Denmark all superheroes comics went out of print in the 1980s. The superheroes got a small comeback Spider-man and X-men getting printed in Danish recently, but otherwise US comics are only available in imported untranslated versions that only more adult geeks can find in niche stores. 

Popular comics in Europe are Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Tintin, Asterix and Lucky Luke.

Exactly. Superheroes apart from the big trio became a thing only after the first Avengers movie. And even now most of them are far from top brands.

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Maitch said:

Im also from Denmark and collected comics back in the 80's. 

But i always found it way more interesting to buy the original ones from the states. 

I got them from 2 danish importers at that time. Order over the phone was the way to go since the internet was'ent that spreadout..

i think i have 3000 american ones and maybe 100-200

Those were the days :)

Edited by fmpro
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Exactly. Superheroes apart from the big trio became a thing only after the first Avengers movie. And even now most of them are far from top brands.

And since when did superhero movies need Europe to succeed? Europe is a continent in decline and is less important every decade, do you know who needs Europe to succeed? Harry Potter / Hobbit / 007, they need Europe to succeed, Superheroes are successful in North America, Latin America and Asia, and that's all that matters.

7 minutes ago, bruchav said:

And since when did superhero movies need Europe to succeed? Europe is a continent in decline and is less important every decade, do you know who needs Europe to succeed? Harry Potter / Hobbit / 007, they need Europe to succeed, Superheroes are successful in North America, Latin America and Asia, and that's all that matters.

So all those millions they make there are pure gravy that's thrown under the rug because they don't need them. Okay then...

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, bruchav said:

Steady on old chap, we said we never heard of a number of the less well known ones.

Its not like we don't like the movies.

The ones that I knew of were, Superman,Batman, Wonder Woman, Spideman, Iron man and Thor..........and Ninja Turtles.

Edited by AndyK

25 minutes ago, bruchav said:

So much insecurity in a post.

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, bruchav said:

:winomg:

2 minutes ago, teardropmina said:

Aquaman should aim at getting Ant-Man or WW number out of European markets.

DOM it could start from Doctor Strange level. 

OW won't get to 100m, for December release, only SW movies can do that.  

Who says only Star Wars movies can do that? That's not a real rule and you know it.