Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

56 minutes ago, Southern European Guy said:

So all those millions they make there are pure gravy that's thrown under the rug because they don't need them. Okay then...

If you take the example of Wonder Woman, WW will do something around $770m-$780m worldwide, and what percentage of Europe at that box office? 10%, 15%? As I said, Europe is not really a continent of vital importance for superhero movies, Europe is important to Harry Potter / Hobbit / 007, for superhero movies. Little success in Europe means nothing.

And it has been proven several times to be famous or not, it does not matter, Hulk is much more famous than Deadpool, but Deadpool did much more success than Hulk in theaters.

17 minutes ago, bruchav said:

Europe is a declining continent, most countries are stagnant or in recession, right? They get smaller every decade, while the countries of Asia and Latin America grow their economies.

Which of these statements I have made is not true?

Pretty much all of it.

https://tradingeconomics.com/european-union/gdp-annual-growth-rate

and Europe has a trade surplus, the USA has an enormous deficit.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Just because superhero movies don't clean up in Europe, doesn't mean other franchises don't do it. Harry Potter, Fast & Furious, 007, among others, are still beasts in Europe.

I know , and that's what I'm saying.

It's weird that some people talk like superheroes in general and Aquaman in specific weren't that well known outside of America until Avengers came along cause that's just not true at all for where I come from at least. Aquaman is pretty well known around here as are most of the superheroes since the 80s/90s. Their cartoons on TV have always been very popular among kids in here and me and many others have grown up with them plus comic books themselves have always had their place in our culture as well(I have many fond childhood memories of buying comic books in newsstands) so please don't talk like you know how it is everywhere.

Why do you think superhero movies are huge in Latin America? People grew up with them over here.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

Wonder Woman grossed an estimated $4.08M on Tuesday. 33-Day total stands at $354.61M.

更多
Wonder Woman has passed Transformers: Dark of the Moon & Furious 7 to move into 39th place on the all-time domestic list. #WonderWomanWW_Emojiv3.png

Read the first couple of pages of the Wonder Woman topic for a couple of laughs. It's pretty embarrassing.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Rum and coke will get you through it.

that's drinking and driving, so no thanks that day :P

I just don't know what day I want to do the drive-in, if I do it.  Not sure I want to do Thursday since I have work the next day

9 minutes ago, bruchav said:

If you take the example of Wonder Woman, WW will do something around $770m-$780m worldwide, and what percentage of Europe at that box office? 10%, 15%? As I said, Europe is not really a continent of vital importance for superhero movies, Europe is important to Harry Potter / Hobbit / 007, for superhero movies. Little success in Europe means nothing.

And it has been proven several times to be famous or not, it does not matter, Hulk is much more famous than Deadpool, but Deadpool did much more success than Hulk in theaters.

You realize all businesses operate on the margin right?  10 - 15% is a major chunk of revenue when it comes to profitability.

Had a superhero movie, like Man of Steel, lost 15% of its revenue, it would have been in the red zone and failed to make a profit. Then you possibly wouldn't have the DCEU as it is now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

It's weird that some people talk like superheroes in general and Aquaman in specific weren't that well known outside of America until Avengers came along cause that's just not true at all for where I come from at least. Aquaman is pretty well known around here as are most of the superheroes since the 80s/90s. Their cartoons on TV have always been very popular among kids in here and me and many others have grown up with them plus comic books themselves have always have their place in our culture as well so please don't talk like you know how it is everywhere.

Why do you think superhero movies are huge in Latin America? People grew up with them over here.

I talked about E U R O P E specifically. And I can guarantee you that most of the people didn't know all those superheroes before here.

After all just have a look at the overseas numbers that superheroe flicks have been pulling.

Before the first Avengers some of them are really poor.

The first Cap movie didn't even get to 400m WW.

Edited by FantasticBeasts

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Read the first couple of pages of the Wonder Woman topic for a couple of laughs. It's pretty embarrassing.

That is pretty entertaining to read. Yes I understand that hindsight is 20/20 but oh boy were there a lot of people who were dead wrong and eating crow right now. To be fair I didn't predict the movie correctly either.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Panda said:

You realize all businesses operate on the margin right?  10 - 15% is a major chunk of revenue when it comes to profitability.

Had a superhero movie, like Man of Steel, lost 15% of its revenue, it would have been in the red zone and failed to make a profit. Then you possibly wouldn't have the DCEU as it is now.

Maybe that would have been for the best.

Although we wouldn't have gotten the Amazonian but I would haven't had to suffer through BvS or SS. It's a toss up. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bruchav said:

Lol, why? What I said is all fact, Europe is not important for superhero movies,

Where superhero movies are successful is in North America, Asia and Latin America.

Europe is a declining continent, most countries are stagnant or in recession, right? They get smaller every decade, while the countries of Asia and Latin America grow their economies.

Which of these statements I have made is not true?

Avatar scored $175m in france alone, $162m from germany, $110m spain, $88m from italy. 

Titanic made $140m from germany,  and france too, and many more unimaginable huge figures from other european countries.

Guess what CBM movie made more than $40m in france or germany? ANSWER: NONE!!

if it wasn't for europe, Titanic and Avatar could lost their crown long ago!!!

EUROPE STILL MATTERS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Avatar scored $175m in france alone, $162m from germany, $110m spain, $88m from italy. 

Titanic made $140m from germany,  and france too, and many more unimaginable huge figures from other european countries.

Guess what CBM movie made more than $40m in france or germany? ANSWER: NONE!!

if it wasn't for europe, Titanic and Avatar could lost their crown long ago!!!

EUROPE STILL MATTERS.

You are proving his point for him.  He said super hero movies don't do all that well in Europe.....not films like the ones you mentioned.