CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

Just now, AJG said:

SpiderMan 2 is a film that suffered due to all these new superhero movies coming out. Looking back at it now, it's problems become really obvious.

Not to me. If anything, it's become even better. The film is a character study through and through, has excellent setpieces, and continues the moral themes from the first movie. 

• Like 2

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

Joss Whedon is the chosen one to unite us all. 

LOL 

Actually, I should not have written that previous post: the Wonder Woman/Spider-Man "war" (that I expected) never really happened, and everyone seems to get along pretty well. I love it. It's dat Wonder Woman effect...everyone has become compassionate, loving, and peaceful. :P Glory to Gaea!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I legit do not understand where the hatred of the Raimi films come from. Blah blah opinions and all that, but they're SO GOOD.

First two are awesome. Third one is awesomely bad. I mean, it did give us randomly start dancing emo Peter Parker, so it's hard for me to hate it TOO much. 

Just now, AJG said:

SpiderMan 2 is a film that suffered due to all these new superhero movies coming out. Looking back at it now, it's problems become really obvious.

Really? Watched it this week and it holds up so well. Tis' a masterpiece.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

It's crazy how it's always been since BOM's beginning and the LOTR fans that the fanboys for whatever the current biggest franchise is are always the most insecure. Marvelites here low-key worse than the DC folks. There's a fair amount of haters but they spend a lot of time whining about hypothetical arguments more than anything.

You sound insecure. :rolleyes:

Complaining about how people react to "opinions", you seem to care so much about it.

You not only want to say what you want, but you're also complaining about how people react to it, acting as if opinions like yours are not appreciated as they should, or are criticized too much, complaining about others' behavior, but acting as if you Knew the right way to act.

This seems rather insecure to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

Gotta say I've thought Marvel would win the last three summers but there's always been a surprise to intercept it from them. I suppose they already got three in a row from 12-14. Six would be too much.

I truly wonder what MCU film will be their first rotten one (not middling or so-so, like many consider The Incredible Hulk and Thor 2), but rotten. As in, under 50 % rotten on RT. It will happen at some point, but when, and to which film? 

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Seems funny now but after last year I thought it would be nuts to assume 2017 will have 0 animations crossing 250. Unless Coco really surprises, that's gonna happen.

Beginning of the year I thought DM3, Lego Bat and Coco had a good chance to go north of 250. With DM3 having a great shot at 300+ once upon a time and Lego Bat having a small shot at it.

Not that I expect SHs to slow down anytime, but a lean year could unexpectedly butt in.

Very shrewd observation. 

But I would say this. The fact that no animated movie has managed to be a blockbuster this year doesn't mean that there is "animation fatigue", it just probably means that animated movies this year have been underwhelming in terms of quality. 

In a similar way, SH movies can suffer something analogous during a future time period. 

But the point here is that the much anticipated SH fatigue is non-existent. What one may say, that there may be some kind of market saturation due to too many movies of the same genre getting released in a very short period of time. But, there is no such thing as SH Fatigue, the genre is still the most popular out there. 

Also, I know it's not animated, but Beauty and the Beast belongs in my opinion to exactly the same genre as most animated films. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

I agree. Count me in on the 'SM2 is very good but still over-rated' club. Feel it's an A-/B+ movie and a couple of notches below SM1.

21 minutes ago, aabattery said:

The fact that we never got to a Bruce Campbell Mysterio is one of the most heartbreaking things in cinema.

Don't forget poor Dylan Baker. Dude just hung around for three movies as a walking tease for The Lizard who never happened. 

7 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

LOL 

Actually, I should not have written that previous post: the Wonder Woman/Spider-Man "war" (that I expected) never really happened, and everyone seems to get along pretty well. I love it. It's dat Wonder Woman effect...everyone has become compassionate, loving, and peaceful. :P Glory to Gaea!!

Both are fucking amazing films. We are one hell of a spoiled bunch in 2017. 

• Like 1