CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

Just now, Rman823 said:

Garfield looking at these numbers tumblr_o4njhsu9Cm1stfaxlo1_500.gif

I feel bad for Garfield. It's not his fault the writers and director made his Peter Parker/Spider-man so annoying and unlikable.  He certainly had the acting chops to pull off what Holland did.  In fact Garfield's Peter Parker/Spider-man was very organic similar to Holland's.  Tobey's Peter Parker holds up well for me in SM2 but I get a disconnect during the Spider-man scenes where it feels like I'm watching a stunt double with no personality.  

• Like 1

Just now, LonePirate said:

If need be, Garfield can seek comfort within his posh wing of the Gabrielle Carteris Museum for Actors Over 30 Portraying Teenagers.

I want Garfield, Tobey and Emma back. I need this to happen and I think I know how it could play out:

578182.jpg

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yes, right.

Bay delivers with more creative setpieces and better pacing than the last instalment.

I'll probably check it out on blu-ray. The last one was just too hard to get through with the only redeeming quality for me being it my first IMAX 3D experience. 

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Yes, right.

Bay delivers with more creative setpieces and better pacing than the last instalment.

There's no such thing as pacing in a Bay movie lol. When a Michael Bay movie ends it feels more like you survived it than watched it. 

4 minutes ago, AJ2k said:

I feel bad for Garfield. It's not his fault the writers and director made his Peter Parker/Spider-man so annoying and unlikable.  He certainly had the acting chops to pull off what Holland did.  In fact Garfield's Peter Parker/Spider-man was very organic similar to Holland's.  Tobey's Peter Parker holds up well for me in SM2 but I get a disconnect during the Spider-man scenes where it feels like I'm watching a stunt double with no personality.  

yep Garfield easily could have been a great Spider-Man with better material to work with. In fact the entire cast of the ASM movies was terrific. Easily the best thing about those films. 

5 minutes ago, AJ2k said:

I still believe he can find redemption if Spider-Verse happens. And I think Spider-Verse is happening, it's only a matter of when and if he, Emma and Tobey would like to be part of. Not for a sequel of Homecoming, not even for the third part of the trilogy. Spider-Verse could be an event like The Avengers. Maybe 2022, twenty years after the first Spider-Man? 

Edited by iJackSparrow

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yes, right.

It was a mess, and this is coming from a very forgiving, easygoing moviegoer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJ2k said:

There's no such thing as pacing in a Bay movie lol. When a Michael Bay movie ends it feels more like you survived it than watched it. 

What? AoE is the only Transformers movie with bad pacing. And the first movie is a textbook perfect in that category as it is any other

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

I still believe he can find redemption if Spider-Verse happens. And I think Spider-Verse is happening, it's only a matter of when and if he, Emma and Tobey would like to be part of. Not for a sequel of Homecoming, not even for the third part of the trilogy. Spider-Verse could be an event like The Avengers. Maybe 2022, twenty years after the first Spider-Man? 

NO ONE BUT YOU WANTS SPIDERVERSE. IT MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS FRIGGIN TRANSFORMERS TURNING INTO ROMAN COLUMNS. STOP TRYING TO MAKE SPIDERVERSE HAPPEN.

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

It was a mess, and this is coming from a very forgiving, easygoing moviegoer.

From your avi I take it you like Civil War?

Well don't think we're gonna find a whole lot in common

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Just now, drdungbeetle said:

NO ONE BUT YOU WANTS SPIDERVERSE. IT MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS FRIGGIN TRANSFORMERS TURNING INTO ROMAN COLUMNS. STOP TRYING TO MAKE SPIDERVERSE HAPPEN.

One day someone told me the same thing about Spidey going to the MCU. Look who is laughing now. :redcapes:

Transformers 1 is a perfect summer movie. Seriously it's great and really fun. A- in my books. I remember my dad taking me to see this despite my Mom having a very strict stance on me seeing PG-13 movies in theaters.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Just saw Spider-Man. Every showing for that movie was packed, while Baby Driver and The Big Sick were also very busy too.

Spider-man and Baby Driver making all the money :wub:

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

One day someone told me the same thing about Spidey going to the MCU. Look who is laughing now. :redcapes:

Ah yes, "Someone". Did "someone" tell you that One More Day and Nazi Cap would make great movies because Marvel pooped those out at some point?