CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

7 minutes ago, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

Good luck, @Nova!!!

1 minute ago, FilmBuff said:

Don't do it @Nova!! Marriage is a trap!! 

Kidding. In hindsight, good luck today!

3 minutes ago, franfar said:

@Nova good luck!

Thanks guys!!! Really appreciate the support :) 

• Like 1

Whoever made the Girls Trip over $100M club, I want to say this, the 7:00 showing has more tickets sold than Dunkirk and Valerian total tickets put together.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Bets of luck!!!

But don't brag about how much Spider-man is making during the proposal. :P

The ring I bought her has a big 50 in the middle of it....to symbolize the $50M OD Spidey had. 

oops. 

• Like 6

Also $2.94M is a fantastic hold for WW. 32% drop from friday to friday with SMH playing. Thats great! 

I can't believe Tele is gonna have a successful club after all. The world really is ending. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Whoever made the Girls Trip over $100M club, I want to say this, the 7:00 showing has more tickets sold than Dunkirk and Valerian total tickets put together.

Seriously?  Underserved demo plus relatable concept plus likeable leads equals breakout comedy hit??? :D I hope so!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

You are getting married? Congrats! :D Lots of blessings and many years of happiness!

I am hope thats what happens! I'm gonna ask my girl friend to marry me so I need a yes first lol 

And thanks! :) 

1 minute ago, jb007 said:

All the best, @Nova

1 minute ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Best of luck @Nova

Thank you :) 

• Like 3

Excellent debut for Spider-Man - Homecoming, considering it had to overcome three consecutive films with mediocre to awful WOM and WW breaking out last month. Since it's the last truly fun summer blockbuster (Apes 3, Dunkirk and Dark Tower are too bleak-looking, Valerian will be lucky to do $75 million DOM IMO), I could see it holding on stronger than the other MCU films of late, perhaps $120 million/$325 million.

DM3 is actually holding great - sub-50% drop from an inflated 5-day OW and a $100 million+ opener targeting family audiences. With sorta Valerian, Emoji and Nut Job 2 being the only kid-friendly films from now until September 22nd, I can see it ending up in the $260-275 million DOM range.

Baby Driver is doing well and should be able to reach the $85-105 million DOM range. 

WW potentially having its best hold yet against SM:H is shocking. At its current pace, $410-420 million DOM is likely where it'll end up.

Cars 3 rebounded nicely and should make it to $155-160 million DOM with summer weekdays, two weeks of no new kids movies and the usual Disney Labor Day boost. 

TF5 may not even reach $135 million DOM or even $130 million DOM. The House is doing even worse, especially since there isn't any comedy competition, so it should have done much better.

Big Sick is becoming a sleeper hit; maybe $50 million+ DOM? 

• Like 1

SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING DEBUTED WITH $50.5M, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY,

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 8