CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

#creativefreedom

It doesn't prove it'll be good but I have a hell of a lot more faith in Fox right now than I do the MCU

I'm sorry but I have absolutely no faith in Fox with regards to Fantastic Four. The Fantastic Four property would flourish at Marvel. I know we're in for another flop movie from Fox though.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

that's a question for him - he seems to have a thing for banning me

Should've talked to him about it. I got a thread ban the other day for Transformers "spoilers" and whined about it in the CCT; that led to me not getting it revoked. FWIW I don't think what you posted is a spoiler.

9 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=daily&id=2017superhero.htm

Per Mojo's 2017 Superhero Summer Slam, WW's total gross on day 37 (today) will finally exceed GotG2's total gross on the same day. SMH will likely need north of 3 multiplier to catch her, which seems very unlikely.

Why? I mean, I get it. But, inflated summer days will really, really buoy its legs. Obviously, gotta see how it finishes this weekend with actuals. But, if it does $125M/$130M, it's definitely not out of the question. WOM seems very, very good. Don't make the same mistake folks made with Wonder Woman just a short month ago. It will not have a near/over 4 multiplier like Wonder Woman but could very well a multi between 3.0 and 3.5 which would result in greater DOM haul than Wonder.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

I'm sorry but Fox gets waaaay too much flack for the Fantastic Four debacle. People are quick to point that movie out and talk about how Fox doesn't know what it's doing but then ignore that Days of Future Past, Deadpool and Logan have all come from that studio in the last five years. And if you ask some folks....those three movies are pretty up there in terms of where they stand against other comic book films. 

In my opinion even if Disney took over Fantastic Four, I just don't think it's a property that the GA is going to fawn over. Unlike Spider-man, the characters aren't beloved so i don't think a reboot of Fantastic Four would work whether it was released by Fox or by Disney. It would have to be something the consider way down the line or have the characters be shown in bits and pieces. No one is asking for another Fantastic Four movie. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Eh Fant4stic was a mess no doubt but not due to any lack of ambition. I'll take it over Civil War or Ant-Man every day

It's a terrible movie. But if you'll take a terrible movie over well made ones then that's your business. Honestly it's like defending Catwoman.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The mods decided that after we had too much heartache last year modding threads. Why do you think the franchise wars thread exists. 

That rule is the reason we didn't allow ijack to open a WW over Guardians 2 thread, or for this: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/23375-the-league-gets-hammered-thor-ragnarok-over-justice-league-club/#comment-2860038

We just don't allow Marvel vs DC threads anymore. Not worth the hassle.

Maybe you should update the club guidelines if that's the case. 

Although in the case of this club it's not really an over/under where one film loses. 

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Ambitious mess> generic slog with no heart

There was no ambition and it's not a mess it's a terrible movie. Their ambition is what if we make something that isn't dark dark. So ambitious to copy a trend.

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

There was no ambition and it's not a mess it's a terrible movie. Their ambition is what if we make something that isn't dark dark. So ambitious to copy a trend.

*shrug * 

I believe in Trank's vision

• Like 1