CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

I don't think 34 is the number. There is way more to it. Why would RTH randomly quote a user who said the last seven pages should go to the MCU/DCEU thread and then say "Double this weekend some places SMH & WW" 

:thinking:

34 + 7 pages = 41?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

I'm sure this was already discussed while I was banned...but 47 Meters Down is the biggest surprise of the Summer so far, no? 

A $5M turd that was put out on DVD (and pulled) is getting closer and closer to The Shallows' final gross despite the latter having much better reviews and Cinemascore. 

Distributed by...Entertainment Studios??? They did a better job than Sony with The Shallows :rofl::rofl::rofl:

So youve seen it? I mean you called it a turd.....so u must have.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Wonder Woman would likely be making 4.5-5 on Saturday so combine with 34 means about 39-40 maybe 

You may have a point, although we dont' really know the WW number either so can't assume that either.

Perhaps he meant 43 instead of 34.

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

TF5 follows...

Reveal hidden contents

Everyone and his grandma has killed Hitler, I think Goku killed Hitler about a dozen times by now. That's like a little kid bragging about participation trophies at this point.

6 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Dude, they whizzed the franchise down the toilet. Transformers are gonna be about as relevant as GI JOE is now in 5 years. People on here are just reluctant to admit that because they haven't adjusted to the "Bay can't auto-win by throwing 250 mil at the problem" yet. It's not my fault if people can't accept the fact that I'm pissed that my favorite childhood franchise will soon be in He-Man territory thanks to Paramassare's "writer's room".

Dont you dare diss He Man!!

Masters of the Universe is a masterpiece.

• Like 1

Just now, John Marston said:

Dark Knight Rises dropped 41% on Saturday so this is not unprecedented 

still I think that number might be a bit higher 

Yea but audiences everywhere were baffled about how Bruce Wayne got back to Gotham from that pit

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Rth Homecoming said:

double this weekend some places SMH & WW

34 spidy  tingles 

So, it's the July 8/9 weekend...if you double 8/9, you get 16-18...

Add 34 Spidey tingles and you get 50-52...so WW and Spidey gross = $50-$52M total for Sat...

Did I solve the riddle?  B/c this one is hard!:)

EDIT: and for Spidey only, drop $4M for WW (say that's Sat gross) and you get $46-$48M for Spidey

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Dark Knight Rises dropped 41% on Saturday so this is not unprecedented 

still I think that number might be a bit higher 

The shooting hurt that movie's Saturday and Sunday numbers, tho.

• Like 2

It would be nice if our "great source" was actually straight with us, but he knows you people will overreact at the slightest provocation and start swooning like a bunch of Southern belles at the slightest sign of a Spidey "drop".

Just now, Johnny Tran said:

Sure but this is doing $125M this weekend. I don't see it falling under that. 

Its not doing $125 if thee 34M number is true. Max I see it do for OW is $112.

• Like 3