CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Disney and Disney Pixar animated movies still exist, illumination doesn't bother me. Also I haven't seen any of their films so it would be stupid for me to be bothered by them when I don't know what I think of their films. I've heard good things about some of Illumination stuff. Now crap like Angry Birds...I could leave that.

I actually enjoyed Angry Birds more than say.....SLOP or Minions, did not bother seeing Sing or DM3 yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Didn't I remember people arguing that it's 15 million late nights meant 130+mil because it wasn't a sequel and now it's secretly a sequel? I'm confused about why people didn't think about this early yesterday.

In hindsight we probably should have expected some frontloading.

7 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The Dark Knight was a sequel that came out in 2008.

But TDK is a great comparison. Summer movie. Rush factor. Iconic character. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I actually enjoyed Angry Birds more than say.....SLOP or Minions, did not bother seeing Sing or DM3 yet.

I gave Angry Birds an A-...way better than you expect the premise to be able to deliver with so many laugh-out-loud moments...and a story that was pretty tightly told even fitting in all the comedy...

• Like 2

I'll just say this. I'll be on the Spidey is going to have these sort of leg train if the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday numbers are good enough for that. Also I think that they're under estimating the Sunday number.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

I gave Angry Birds an A-...way better than you expect the premise to be able to deliver with so many laugh-out-loud moments...and a story that was pretty tightly told even fitting in all the comedy...

Agreed, maybe it was the low expectations, but I found it surprisingly funny and a little endearing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Finally watched The Lego Batman Movie, it was much better than I expected.

Told ya. I'm glad you liked it.

• Like 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

My baby nephews that I babysit sometimes like Angry Birds so I'm not going to say anything bad about it in front of them. But I had to get it out here.

Tell me about it. I babysit my younger cousins all the time and I had to sit through the cinematic dumpster fire that is Norm of The North in theaters.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Didn't I remember people arguing that it's 15 million late nights meant 130+mil because it wasn't a sequel and now it's secretly a sequel? I'm confused about why people didn't think about this early yesterday.

I think this Pulls and Man of steel and fall just shy of 300 domestic 

Edited by Brainiac5

I'm thinking $117M/$305M seems fair. It seems much younger skewing than most of the movies this July and can benefit from double features with Emoji and Dark Tower.

Edited by YourMother

1 minute ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

So how many people had meltdown. Bkb, kjsooner, and anybody else.

ThatOneGuy short circuited and then rebooted himself. But that was due to Valerian denial.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Tell me about it. I babysit my younger cousins all the time and I had to sit through the cinematic dumpster fire that is Norm of The North in theaters.

However it has some perks too. I charge $50 from the two, $25 for one, and $65 for all three when the kids see each other again.