Finnick

Monday numbers: SMH: 12.2M, DM3 4.3M, BD 1.67M, WW 1.18M Today, we celebrate our MOEDAY

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

That's just telling (or hinting) not showing. There's nothing in the film leading up to the point that supports that.  It's an unearned emotional beat.  That entire relationship with Laura is an emotional void, but then so is Laura a s character except she kills things real good.

Okay that's a valid point.

My wife felt Logan was too unlikeable cause he never reciprocated Laura's affection

21 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

Just a thought. If the SMHC has a standard drop from Sunday, then that is not great. Drops are always relative. So it is dropping from a poor sunday number, which was a drop from a poor saturday number. Drops are derivatives, without the context of what they are dropping from, they don't mean much. I mentioned this yesterday but SMHC was more frontloaded than Civil War. I don't think it is being negative or a hater to bring this up. This drop is fine if it had a normal sat and sunday. It didn't so, it is not as decent as it first looks.

I agree with your assessment but I'm afraid to say that for fear of looking like a hater or an overreactor or something.

People continue to say The Dark Knight dropped 29% but the Dark Knight also dropped 8% from Saturday to Sunday. Usually movies that have Hefty Friday to Saturday drops stabilized and have really tiny drops on Sunday and Homecoming's drop-off merely okay. I know the conversation is going to change when the movie gets it's normal Tuesday bump and people forget that every movie gets that but right now and I haven't seen anything that is super impressive about it's run.

I remember when people were claiming that Logan was going to have really long legs because it had great reviews.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

My wife felt Logan was too unlikeable cause he never reciprocated Laura's affection

Wolverine obviously isn't the type be tucking away kids to bed and kissing them goodnight.

He is all about action. He was probably knew he was going to die if he went to rescue the kids at the end, but he did it anyway which makes him a hero. His actions speak more than a thousand "I love yous".

No dumb sky beams in the ending of the movie needed.

Edited by Mojoguy

3 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Fact that earth was a sphere was accepted among almost all civilization by 400-450 AD.

How did we get into this ? .... although good to know, I had no idea. :ph34r:

I thought originally it was round, then Superman  kinda did his thing in 1978 and shift it to a spherical shape.

3 minutes ago, Subzero said:

How did we get into this ? .... although good to know, I had no idea. :ph34r:

I thought originally it was round, then Superman  kinda did his thing in 1978 and shift it to a spherical shape.

When I went to france I was shocked to know how long dàys were there. Very good for harnessing solar energy.

Edited by damnitgeorge08

8 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Wolverine obviously isn't the type be tucking away kids to bed and kissing them goodnight.

He is all about action. He was probably knew he was going to die if he went to rescue the kids at the end, but he did it anyway which makes him a hero. His actions speak more than a thousand "I love yous".

No dumb sky beams in the ending of the movie needed.

Hey don't shoot the messenger. :P

Logan's in my top ten.

But some people thought he was an asshole for treating his daughter like a burden for 90% of the movie.

To be fair, I think the only X-men movie my wife saw was First Class. So she doesn't know about Wolverine's tormented history.

That weird ass Spider-Man trilogy and Earth is flat comparison lol

First two Spider-man movies were and are beloved
First Spider-Man movie adjust to $614m(!) DOM today

SMH coming out now doesn't make the trilogy worthless now, it probably gave the trilogy even more fans

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Those goons were one second from blowing Xaviers head off. All they had to do was pull the trigger. I found it amusing that the thugs could only watch helplessly as Logan slowly clawed his way to them.

What would've been a better alternative than having the farmer rescue Logan. Just about anything would've been cliche at this point.

And the kids were scared and still inexperienced. It's totally believable they would mostly choose to run when facing a small army of cybernetic mercs. 

These mostly seem like nitpicks imo. 

Logan deserves it top tier status. 

If you guys want to nitpick why not go after Wonder Woman? :jeb!:

Well, if it was just one scene that would be a nitpick. I don't think it's a nitpick when IMO multiple (majority of?) action sequences in the film were poorly done. Time doesn't matter to Xavier when he does his mental stoppage trick so there was zero danger to him. The danger was actually more towards Logan and Laura in that they had to kill everyone and sedate Xavier before he overwhelmed their healing abilities, but the film didn't do enough IMO to make it seem like a danger to them. Maybe they should have had Logan pass out since his healing factor is reduced by his age and the adamantium poisoning him, and have Laura who is younger and has a better relative healing factor finish off the last couple goons and sedate Xavier. IMO that would have sold the danger in the scene better. The farmer was already fatally stabbed and should have stayed dead in the house. A more believable scenario would have Logan maneuver the fight over to where Laura is on the ground and then have him cut her restraints so they can team up against X24. The whole kids being scared and inexperienced thing would have worked if they had maintained that all the way through the scene. Telekinetic girl throwing leaves and branches at the mercs to bloody them up a bit is within reason for someone scared and inexperienced and maintains the threat of the mercs. Having her then just rip the guy in half with her mind just destroys all dramatic tension - the mercs are simply not a serious threat against someone who could do that. All-in-all, Logan's still a pretty good movie, but there's just too many missteps in major scenes for me to keep Logan in top-tier status.

2 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

When I went to france I was shocked to know how long dàys were there. Very good for harnessing solar energy.

Its not a france thing btw. Days lenghten more the further towards the poles you go during summer. Vice versa the days shorter more the further towards the poles you go in Winter.

so sure there will be more incident sunlight striking your solar panels during summer but during winter there wil be less. So it kinda balances it out. Better place to put solar plants would be near the equater as the day lenght does not differ much there and consequently ensures steady supply. 

Btw its the axial tilt of the Earth that causes the changes in day/night lenght amongst other things

• Like 1

I feel like I'm an opposite land this year. It is amazing to see the amount of hardcore Marvel fans be so jealous of the success of the Wonder Woman movie. Usually it's DC fans crying about Marvel success. It's very interesting. Certainly I wish these hardcore groups could enjoy more than one thing but they can't.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

SMH coming out now doesn't make the trilogy worthless now, it probably gave the trilogy even more fans

Batman Forever adjusted - 373 m

Batman Begins adjusted -  283n m

Spoiler

:ph34r:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

You're only adjusting for ticket price inflation too, what about 3D? The each of the movies in the OT would probably be at 800M+ DOM.

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 1