Finnick

Monday numbers: SMH: 12.2M, DM3 4.3M, BD 1.67M, WW 1.18M Today, we celebrate our MOEDAY

13 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Moeday FTW

Regarding Tom Holland: Peter talked way too fucking much in Homecoming. Like, there were several instances where I wanted him to shut the fuck up. I guess this is how some of you feel about me :jeb!:

Cause you're both supposed to be teens.

According to Sam Raimi, teenagers are supposed to appear 30 years old and look like Spongebob after he smoked an oz of weed.

Maguire's derp face was unbearable.

Peter Parker is supposed to be witty, sharp and clever.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Just like females want their heroes to be super sexy and have fantastic legs like Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman.

Actually, that is so incredibly wrong. 

Men want their female heroes to be super sexy and have fantastic legs; we just want them to be awesome, badass, and to be more than just "sexy" and "hot." 

• Like 6

Also, is there a thread for D23 yet?  We're probably gonna get a lot of announcements in the next few days (I wouldn't be surprised if they announce Phase 4 of the MCU and the new Star Wars spinoff there, although I haven't been following it that much so correct me if I'm wildly wrong).

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I've said this in the past, but the only CBM's that I think are better than the original Spider-Man are Days of Future Past and Logan.  It's my most rewatched movie of all time too.  I think I've seen it at least 15 times by now.

I feel uncomfortable when I realize how much I've seen my favorite movies.

I've probably watched L.A. Confidential over 200 times. Batman Returns well over 300 times. The Exorcist at least 100 times. And, I have a long list of 25 or more times for movies too.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

I feel uncomfortable when I realize how much I've seen my favorite movies.

I've probably watche L.A. Confidential over 200 times. Batman Returns well over 300 times. The Exorcist at least 100 times. And, I have a long list of 25 or more times for movies too.

More than 25 days worth of Batman Returns?

Impressive, to say the least.

16 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Yet somehow, they all have more genuine heart, emotion, and pathos than pretty much every other CBM released after 2008 (barring only Logan I think).

I agree the first two SM have heart even if it some times veers into to melodrama and soap opera.

Logan, meh.  There's heart between Logan and Xavier but it's a big old dud with Laura and the film is drenched in so much gore, violence and death that in the end I didn't even care even about Logan's fate.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

More than 25 days worth of Batman Returns?

Impressive, to say the least.

Dude, when I was a kid and first got it on VHS, I watched it everyday for really long time. It was the only VHS in my VCR in bedroom as an 8 year old kid. I would go to sleep to it. I watched 150 times that year alone.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Also, is there a thread for D23 yet?  We're probably gonna get a lot of announcements in the next few days (I wouldn't be surprised if they announce Phase 4 of the MCU and the new Star Wars spinoff there, although I haven't been following it that much so correct me if I'm wildly wrong).

I don't believe so, but there's usually a thread created for that sort of stuff the day of or before. I'm really most interested in the parks announcements. On the movie side, it seems like animation has the most info most years.

47 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Also I understand he's been wrong a lot, but can we at least allow Han to make his own predictions in this thread if he really wants to?  It seems very premature to continue attacking him every single time he makes one slightly pessimistic prediction regarding Wonder Woman.  Like, relax a little bit.  A 49% drop for the weekend would still be very good and mark no weekend having a drop higher than 50%.

But theres no reason for it to drop that much. Its not attacking him....its keeping him honest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

and the film is drenched in so much gore, violence and death that in the end I didn't even care even about Logan's fate.

The thing that separates it from movies that are just violence for the sake of violence is that the violence has a tragic feel to it.  Unlike in the other X-Men movies where it's highly stylized and of little consequence, the violence here is brutal, unrelenting, bleak, sad, and has consequences.  It's genuinely disturbing and upsetting, and that's what causes so much emotion by the end of it because Logan dies in such a brutal and heartfelt way.  The funeral scene with him...just fucking devastating.  This isn't a superhero movie in which the hero comes out of it without so much as a scratch.

• Like 2

Raimi's view of what a high school nerd is like was basically Steve Urkel mixed with Spongebob and Zoloft.

It was condescending and offensive.

Homecoming was a love letter to nerds.

I'm not sure why so many box office nerds are blind to this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Raimi's view of what a high school nerd is like was basically Steve Urkel mixed with Spongebob and Zoloft.

I'm a huge fucking nerd and I was never once "offended" by Raimi/Maguire's portrayal of Spider-Man.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I'm a huge fucking nerd and I was never once "offended" by Raimi/Maguire's portrayal of Spider-Man.

Same and agreed. I liked Homecoming a lot more than some on here, (SM2/Homecoming are top tier) but Raimi and Maguire did a great job on that aspect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

The thing that separates it from movies that are just violence for the sake of violence is that the violence has a tragic feel to it.  Unlike in the other X-Men movies where it's highly stylized and of little consequence, the violence here is brutal, unrelenting, bleak, sad, and has consequences.  It's genuinely disturbing and upsetting, and that's what causes so much emotion by the end of it because Logan dies in such a brutal and heartfelt way.  The funeral scene with him...just fucking devastating.  This isn't a superhero movie in which the hero comes out of it without so much as a scratch.

My problem with the violence is Logan is that the film makes the decision to start it at 100 in the very first scene.  It has nowhere to go.  

As a result, by the time we got to the 50th brutal stabbing, the violence had lost any impact on me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Maguire's Peter Parker felt like a real human being to me in the first SM. 

Holland did a good job performance wise but his Peter Parker was not that interesting to me IMO

Edited by John Marston