Finnick

Monday numbers: SMH: 12.2M, DM3 4.3M, BD 1.67M, WW 1.18M Today, we celebrate our MOEDAY

13 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I feel uncomfortable when I realize how much I've seen my favorite movies.

I've probably watched L.A. Confidential over 200 times. Batman Returns well over 300 times. The Exorcist at least 100 times. And, I have a long list of 25 or more times for movies too.

Batman Returns 300x? :wintf:

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Also, is there a thread for D23 yet?  We're probably gonna get a lot of announcements in the next few days (I wouldn't be surprised if they announce Phase 4 of the MCU and the new Star Wars spinoff there, although I haven't been following it that much so correct me if I'm wildly wrong).

We're not gonna get Phase 4 movie announcements so soon. Announcing movies for Phase 4 would potentially spoil things from Avengers 3&4. 

But regards to phase 4 you can guess at least some movies that would appear. These would be 

- Guardians 3

- Spiderman 2

- Doctor Strange 2

There are also characters such as Antman, Black Panther and Captain Marvel that would get sequels. 

What new super heroes they will be introducing in phase 4 is still unknown (phase 2 had 2 new SH intro and Phase 3 will have 3 new SH introductions)

it will be interesting to see if any of the original trio (IM, cap, Thor) would get a solo movie or not. I hope IM does

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

What's a Moeday? @Finnick

Am on a packed airport. The air conditioner is probably broken. It's almost 100 degrees here. Usually I post threads behind desk. The numbers were out 30min. No one cared to post anything. Then I told myself do something FINNICK. Then the MOEDAY happened. Lol 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Finnick said:

Am on a packed airport. The air conditioner is probably broken. It's almost 100 degrees here. Usually I post threads behind desk. The numbers were out 30min. No one cared to post anything. Then I told myself do something FINNICK. Then the MOEDAY happened. Lol 

For your mistake I demand you change your avatar to this guy

Image result for 3 stooges moe

51 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Thank god for that. Neither fanboys or haters win.

I still don't think 300m is happening though, the public is still a bit burnt out on Spidey after the stupid ASM films.

I think it will though... I mean with the summer weekdays it should at least do a 2.6x.

Will be very disappointed if this does 2.5x or less .... that tomato law needs to be look at.

• Like 1

Think people are being too harsh on Wrath. If you remove the title of the film and only give the Monday daily, the breakdown of audience demographic, and the time of year, it's not that unreasonable. By general box office numbers, that looks right to me. Now, WW has defied that generalized approach for 6 weeks now, but it's not that crazy. You're extrapolating from Monday; we have no idea the impact on theaters with Apes coming in and Big Sick with an extensive expansion how that will impact WW's older skewing audience. 

Now, what will likely happen is WW having a good hold on Wednesday from Tuesday and potentially a Thursday slight increase, and therefore change the trajectory, but I can't tell the future there either. I'd put down for 35-40, but based on just math, Wrath isn't loco

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

My problem with the violence is Logan is that the film makes the decision to start it at 100 in the very first scene.  It has nowhere to go.  

As a result, by the time we got to the 50th brutal stabbing, the violence had lost any impact on me.

Personally, I thought the action went WAY downhill after Laura's reveal fight sequence and it really brought the movie down from a 10 to about an 8 for me. You got that crappy hotel sequence where he's literally just stabbing incapacitated goons. The farmhouse sequence was good until they took a cop-out method by having the farmer save him at the last second. The end battle made no sense - they had that telekinetic kid who could rip people in half with her mind. If she could do that then there was no real danger at all since she could kill all the enemies with a thought if she wanted to... which means Logan didn't even have to die but was forced to because of plot ya know?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I'm a huge fucking nerd and I was never once "offended" by Raimi/Maguire's portrayal of Spider-Man.

You were still being mocked.

If you were to show your kids a movie to show them why nerds are cool. 

Would you show them SM1-SM3 or Homecoming?

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The thing that separates it from movies that are just violence for the sake of violence is that the violence has a tragic feel to it.  Unlike in the other X-Men movies where it's highly stylized and of little consequence, the violence here is brutal, unrelenting, bleak, sad, and has consequences.  It's genuinely disturbing and upsetting, and that's what causes so much emotion by the end of it because Logan dies in such a brutal and heartfelt way.  The funeral scene with him...just fucking devastating.  This isn't a superhero movie in which the hero comes out of it without so much as a scratch.

No, it's film when the hero is responsible for much of the death  - from Caliban (why didn't he just kill the "main" villain when he had a chance when he has no compunction of slaughtering everyone else instead of sending Caliban off with him) to staying with that family (that was so predictably avoidable and their slaughter undercut anything I was feeling for Charles dying) and a film with so much death and violence in the end it's just numbing, not horrific or emotional.  Its the same feeling I got when I watched slasher flicks which I don't any more.

Then we get the end scene which was meant to pull at our heartstrings with all those children being hunted down - though if most of them had left for the final destination before that instead of sticking around stupidly as a group that wouldn't have happened.  But no they needed to all stay there for maximum violence.  Then we have the terrible Logan clone fight and of course Laura shooting but too late and it doesn't matter any way because Logan was dying through the entire film regardless.  So it's just another opportunity for some more gore and violent death.  They never developed a real or emotional relationship with Logan and Laura so that parting means nothing.  The goodbye with Charles is the only one that sticks and again they completely undercut that with the slaughter of the family.

If they wanted real tragedy, Logan would have survived that last battle and taken those children to Shangri La or wherever.  Then for the first time in along time maybe found peace, belonging and love - and then he dies when he most wants to live.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

We're not gonna get Phase 4 movie announcements so soon. Announcing movies for Phase 4 would potentially spoil things from Avengers 3&4. 

But regards to phase 4 you can guess at least some movies that would appear. These would be 

- Guardians 3

- Spiderman 2

- Doctor Strange 2

There are also characters such as Antman, Black Panther and Captain Marvel that would get sequels. 

What new super heroes they will be introducing in phase 4 is still unknown (phase 2 had 2 new SH intro and Phase 3 will have 3 new SH introductions)

it will be interesting to see if any of the original trio (IM, cap, Thor) would get a solo movie or not. I hope IM does

I'm hoping for Fantastic Four.

Dr. Doom, The Thing, Reed Richards, Silver Surfer, etc all returning to MCU. :ohmygod:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

You were still being mocked.

If you were to show your kids a movie to show them why nerds are cool. 

Would you show them SM1-SM3 or Homecoming?

None. Both generate feelings of looking good. A character like tyrion lannister is much more apt for showing how nerds can be cool without having six pack abs.

30 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Also, is there a thread for D23 yet?  We're probably gonna get a lot of announcements in the next few days (I wouldn't be surprised if they announce Phase 4 of the MCU and the new Star Wars spinoff there, although I haven't been following it that much so correct me if I'm wildly wrong).

I know little about D23. You have my permission to create it on the main forum and I will pin it. Just put on the title how many days it will last, if it is more than a day, and the info about the panels that will exist in the first post.

• Like 1