Finnick

Monday numbers: SMH: 12.2M, DM3 4.3M, BD 1.67M, WW 1.18M Today, we celebrate our MOEDAY

Just a thought. If the SMHC has a standard drop from Sunday, then that is not great. Drops are always relative. So it is dropping from a poor sunday number, which was a drop from a poor saturday number. Drops are derivatives, without the context of what they are dropping from, they don't mean much. I mentioned this yesterday but SMHC was more frontloaded than Civil War. I don't think it is being negative or a hater to bring this up. This drop is fine if it had a normal sat and sunday. It didn't so, it is not as decent as it first looks.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

No, it's film when the hero is responsible for much of the death  - from Caliban (why didn't he just kill the "main" villain when he had a chance when he has no compunction of slaughtering everyone else instead of sending Caliban off with him) to staying with that family (that was so predictably avoidable and their slaughter undercut anything I was feeling for Charles dying) and a film with so much death and violence in the end it's just numbing, not horrific or emotional.  Its the same feeling I got when I watched slasher flicks which I don't any more.

Then we get the end scene which was meant to pull at our heartstrings with all those children being hunted down - though if most of them had left for the final destination before that instead of sticking around stupidly as a group that wouldn't have happened.  But no they needed to all stay there for maximum violence.  Then we have the terrible Logan clone fight and of course Laura shooting but too late and it doesn't matter any way because Logan was dying through the entire film regardless.  So it's just another opportunity for some more gore and violent death.  They never developed a real or emotional relationship with Logan and Laura so that parting means nothing.  The goodbye with Charles is the only one that sticks and again they completely undercut that with the slaughter of the family.

If they wanted real tragedy, Logan would have survived that last battle and taken those children to Shangri La or wherever.  Then for the first time in along time maybe found peace, belonging and love - and then he dies when he most wants to live.

RE: Logan

Spoiler

Logan's dying words were "so that's what it feels like".

What do you think he meant by that?

I think he finally found inner-peace and love.

Just now, grey ghost said:

RE: Logan

Reveal hidden contents

What do you think he meant by that?

I think he finally found inner-peace and love.

That's just telling (or hinting) not showing. There's nothing in the film leading up to the point that supports that.  It's an unearned emotional beat.  That entire relationship with Laura is an emotional void, but then so is Laura a s character except she kills things real good.

• Like 1

off topic but looks like See You Again has overtaken Gangam Style as the most viewed video on Youtube

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40566816

Psy's Gangnam Style is no longer the most-watched video on YouTube.

The South Korean megahit had been the site's most-played clip for the last five years.

The surreal video became so popular that it "broke" YouTube's play counter, exceeding the maximum possible number of views (2,147,483,647), and forcing the company to rewrite its code.

But the song has now been overtaken by another music video - Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth's See You Again.

The heart-wrenching ballad has now been streamed 2,895,373,709 times; beating Psy's current count of 2,894,426,475 views.

Adding it up, that means See You Again has been streamed for a total of 21,759 years. If one person was to listen to each of those streams consecutively, they'd have to have started during the glacial peak of the last Ice Age.

• Like 1

My big fat greek wedding- 

Highest earning on a single day- $4.9m

Total earning- $240m

That's must have been a crazy run to follow.

On release date-" what's this big fat something?"

After 1 year- "holy shit! Highest grossing rom-com ever!"

Edited by damnitgeorge08
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

off topic but looks like See You Again has overtaken Gangam Style as the most viewed video on Youtube

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40566816

Psy's Gangnam Style is no longer the most-watched video on YouTube.

The South Korean megahit had been the site's most-played clip for the last five years.

The surreal video became so popular that it "broke" YouTube's play counter, exceeding the maximum possible number of views (2,147,483,647), and forcing the company to rewrite its code.

But the song has now been overtaken by another music video - Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth's See You Again.

The heart-wrenching ballad has now been streamed 2,895,373,709 times; beating Psy's current count of 2,894,426,475 views.

Adding it up, that means See You Again has been streamed for a total of 21,759 years. If one person was to listen to each of those streams consecutively, they'd have to have started during the glacial peak of the last Ice Age.

And it will be taken over by that spanish song. Dispacito or something.

2 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

My big fat greek wedding- 

Highest earning on a single day- $4.9m

Total earning- $240m

That's must have been a crazy run to follow.

On release date-" what's this big fat something?"

After 1 year- "holy shit! Highest grossing rom-com!"

That run adjusted is even more crazier.

32 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

grey ghost is trying to convince himself that the Spidey trilogy was bad.

Pretty obvious

Now I know how Galileo felt.

The majority: "We love the Earth is Flat trilogy."

Galileo: "But guys the Round Earth: Homecoming is more accurate"

The majority: "We grew up on the Earth is Flat trilogy so nothing will ever be better!"

Galileo: "sigh"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

not enough is said about how A Monster Calls has the cringiest bully in all of movie school bully history. "you're invisible to me now" lmfaooooo.

ehhhh, the bullying stuff didn't bother me at all.  It's not like they're the best scenes at all in the movie but they don't drag the movie down or anything.  it's still one of my favorite movies from 2016.