franfar

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (yes that's the subtitle) | May 24, 2024 | Anya Taylor-Joy is Furiosa + Chris Hemsworth

9 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Nice that it'll get the little stamp, but really can't read too much into Cannes selection after last year, especially since its general release is a week later.

Last year was somewhat an anomaly 

It’s just following Fury Road steps

6 hours ago, toutvabien said:

I find myself rewatching the trailer multiple times per day damn, this is gonna be wild.

The SHE WILL RETURN. WITH A VENGEANCE. tagline drop in the trailer goes so hard. Can't stop watching.

• Like 1

Putting this in spoiler tags since it all stuff in the trailers that you would only notice if you watched the trailer too many times like I did

Spoiler

But I feel like the last trailer literally reveals the whole structure of the movie and the ending too (I mean Hemsworth looks older and Furiosa now in her Fury Road look)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Paul Verhoeven said:

The latest trailer has 80k likes. That seems very little. I'm not very optimistic about the box office.

IMO this franchise appeals mostly to older audiences, maybe it have something to do with it’s low engagement compared to other blockbusters 

That said i agreed that there’s no much reason to expect a boom here. I’m expecting very similar results to Fury Road (which means a considerable drop in admissions).

Just hoping it’s a good movie

8 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

IMO this franchise appeals mostly to older audiences, maybe it have something to do with it’s low engagement compared to other blockbusters 

That said i agreed that there’s no much reason to expect a boom here. I’m expecting very similar results to Fury Road (which means a considerable drop in admissions).

Just hoping it’s a good movie

Yep that's the thing with a lot of these movies coming out this year outside of the sure things like DM4, IO2, DP and Wolvie, Joker ECT. Hope they are good and at least do well enough to not be complete failures or bombs. 

• Like 1

Love Anya and I'm excited to see what she does with the part, but it does kinda feel like not having Charlize in the part is really limiting its potential. Her performance specifically was arguably the main reason people loved Furiosa as a character, so taking her out with somebody else unproven in the part probably makes it harder for even Fury Road fans to get all jazzed.

It's like a Solo situation, but at least you have a very good reason to recast in that movie. You probably could have used some makeup to make Charlize look younger and call it a day.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Love Anya and I'm excited to see what she does with the part, but it does kinda feel like not having Charlize in the part is really limiting its potential. Her performance specifically was arguably the main reason people loved Furiosa as a character, so taking her out with somebody else unproven in the part probably makes it harder for even Fury Road fans to get all jazzed.

It's like a Solo situation, but at least you have a very good reason to recast in that movie. You probably could have used some makeup to make Charlize look younger and call it a day.

I don’t know if I could buy Charlize Theron as a 20-something year old, even with a lot of makeup. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Solo is a good comparison. Except atleast that was a huge franchise like SW. Mad Max is still very niche. 

Looking forward to this but honestly not able to get a read on where it'll land at the box office. This and Twisters feel like arguably the biggest wild cards of the summer movie season this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Looking forward to this but honestly not able to get a read on where it'll land at the box office. This and Twisters feel like arguably the biggest wild cards of the summer movie season this year.

I’d add Apes to that too; feel like ROTB feels like the obvious parable but for some reason it’s giving $35m OW vibes for me…. maybe I’ll be way off haha. Think Furiosa is probably most likely to bomb from these three, with Apes the least