John Marston

what things about the Star Wars prequels do you like?

The music. Always the music in all the filmsLightsaber battles. Most of them don't have the emotional parts of the OT, but can't deny they are done very well.Qui Gon JinnMace WinduDarth MaulPalpatine Showing more planets

There are quite a lot of things that I appreciate about the prequels, but I'll stick mostly to Episode 1 given that it's the freshest in my mind (I went to see it in 3D over the weekend).

- The Music: Obviously John Williams' score for each movie is fantastic. Many mediocre scenes are made much better by his score

- The Palpatine plot line and Ian McDiarmid: I enjoyed watching how Palpatine shaped most of the events of the prequels, and Mcdiarmid's performance was always fun to watch. I did prefer him when he was a little bit more subdued in Episode 1 & 2, compared to the "NO! NO! NO!" type of stuff in Episode 3.

- Political Stuff/Getting a better understanding of how the Galaxy functioned: I liked all the senate scenes, and seeing the political machinations of the different senators. In Episode 2 I was much more invested in Palpatine's rise to power in the senate than anything that was happening with Anakin and Padmé. And yes, I even liked hearing about trade negotiations in Episode 1.

- Liam Neeson: I never really appreciated his performance until recently, but I think he really holds Episode 1 together.

- Darth Maul: Even though I knew it was coming, the scene in where the door opens and Darth Maul extends his double-bladed lightsaber was great to see on the big screen again.

- The climactic battle of Episode 1: I legitimately enjoy each of the four parts of the final fight, even Anakin blowing up the Droid control ship. Obviously it's not as good as the three part battle in ROTJ, but it was still a good ending to the movie.

- Jango Fett: He was pretty bad-ass, and his fight with Obi-Wan was the best action sequence of Episode 2.

- Costumes: I'm usually not much of a costumes kind of guy, but the sheer amount of different elaborate outfits that Queen Amidala wore in Episode 1 was pretty amazing.

- New Planets: I liked seeing new, interesting planet designs like Naboo and Coruscant in Episode 1, or Kamino and Geonosis in Episode 2.

Anyways, I could probably go on like this for a long time, just like I could go about things that are wrong with the prequels. The original trilogy is easily superior, but I really do believe that the prequels are very watchable, and have some pretty interesting things going on in them. The prequels get bashed a little too much around the internet I think.

• Like 3

As my user name probably suggests, I think the prequels get a bad wrap, especially Attack of the Clones.Some of what I like:The Phantom MenaceThe Pod RaceWattoDarth MaulThe editing together of the final battleThe look and feel of NabooLiam NeesonAttack of the ClonesAnakin searching for and finding his motherJango Fett & Bobba FettIntroduction of the clone army on KaminoYoda vs Count DookuThe asteroid field chase (especially the seismic charges)Christopher LeeRevenge of the SithThe Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the WiseAnakin vs Obi-Wan on MustafarAnakin's Fall (younglings/separatists)Yoda vs Sidious in the SenateThe final shots of the filmGeneral GrievousThroughoutThe ScoreEwan McGregorR2-D2 :)

Edited by JarJarBinks

TPM:Qui GonThe opening sequence before they get to NabooR2 saving the day again!Darth MaulPod RaceFinal duelAOTC:Coruscant chase sequenceDiner sceneObi-Wan vs. Jango on the platformasteroid scenethe entire arena sequenceYoda busting out his lightsaber!!ROTS:the entire opening sequencethe opera sceneseeing Kashyyk for the first timeWindu vs. PalpatineOrder 66 sequenceYoda slicing the heads off those two clonesthe entire Mustafar section of the movieYoda vs. PalpAnakin taking his first breath as VaderThe final shot of Owen and Beru holding Luke while looking at the twin suns of Tattoine

There are quite a lot of things that I appreciate about the prequels, but I'll stick mostly to Episode 1 given that it's the freshest in my mind (I went to see it in 3D over the weekend).

- The Music: Obviously John Williams' score for each movie is fantastic. Many mediocre scenes are made much better by his score

- The Palpatine plot line and Ian McDiarmid: I enjoyed watching how Palpatine shaped most of the events of the prequels, and Mcdiarmid's performance was always fun to watch. I did prefer him when he was a little bit more subdued in Episode 1 & 2, compared to the "NO! NO! NO!" type of stuff in Episode 3.

- Political Stuff/Getting a better understanding of how the Galaxy functioned: I liked all the senate scenes, and seeing the political machinations of the different senators. In Episode 2 I was much more invested in Palpatine's rise to power in the senate than anything that was happening with Anakin and Padmé. And yes, I even liked hearing about trade negotiations in Episode 1.

- Liam Neeson: I never really appreciated his performance until recently, but I think he really holds Episode 1 together.

- Darth Maul: Even though I knew it was coming, the scene in where the door opens and Darth Maul extends his double-bladed lightsaber was great to see on the big screen again.

- The climactic battle of Episode 1: I legitimately enjoy each of the four parts of the final fight, even Anakin blowing up the Droid control ship. Obviously it's not as good as the three part battle in ROTJ, but it was still a good ending to the movie.

- Jango Fett: He was pretty bad-ass, and his fight with Obi-Wan was the best action sequence of Episode 2.

- Costumes: I'm usually not much of a costumes kind of guy, but the sheer amount of different elaborate outfits that Queen Amidala wore in Episode 1 was pretty amazing.

- New Planets: I liked seeing new, interesting planet designs like Naboo and Coruscant in Episode 1, or Kamino and Geonosis in Episode 2.

Anyways, I could probably go on like this for a long time, just like I could go about things that are wrong with the prequels. The original trilogy is easily superior, but I really do believe that the prequels are very watchable, and have some pretty interesting things going on in them. The prequels get bashed a little too much around the internet I think.

I generally agree with this very good list, except for the 4-part action ending of TPM (although I loved the saber fight!!!).