WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

28 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Why America? Why you did this to me? We received The Godfather of our generation, one of the greatest trilogies of all time, and you guys choose to ignore it, karma is a bitch, you guys will never receive any quality franchise anymore. 

H4Qn8wI.gif

With $330,360,194 domestic I wouldn't say America ignored The Godfather of our generation.

lucimar-ai.gif

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I mean it always sucks when a great movie under performs but it's not like it's not finishing out it's story. This was the last movie in the trilogy, people got three good movies.  It's a happy time.

And it's not like it's an all out disaster either. The thought that it will discourage quality filmmaking is hilarious

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Uh, we put the most recent #'s in the title and any past #'s can easily be found by clicking on RTH's profile or EC's profile, or going to BOM/BO.com/DHD.  What the fuck are we supposed to do in the weekend thread when there's no numbers coming in?  Talk about how good the numbers are over and over until it becomes endlessly repetitive?

Uhhhh...nothing...If there's nothing to talk about of relevance to the actual thread then nothing. It shouldn't be an excuse to come up with Irrelevant discussions and spam the topic with gifs.

If I go on the thread for the Spider-man Homecoming overseas gross then the posts there are about just that and only that. It's not like a chatroom.

3 minutes ago, scabab said:

People giving early box office estimates before they are available on Mojo. People discussing those numbers as they come in. You know kinda like what people did for years on Mojo?

Not someone going on an Irrelevant rant about racism and posting silly gifs of women fighting and crying as if the place was Reddit.

I'm pretty sure we did all of that at Mojo. The only difference was that Mojo's dated format didn't allow us to embed images.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I've also ran out of likes but this. However 2018 will be the true test since we'll have 10 Superhero movies (9 CBMs).

Also how long has it been since we went without a summer Billion dollar CBM?

And once again, WW continues to save the box office this summer and give us something good to talk about. Don't even want to discuss that Apes number , too damn depressing and I've already made it clear how badly I think Fox dropped the ball. 

9 minutes ago, Wonder Midget said:

Betty Brant was the first love interest in the comics. Liz Allen started having a crush on Peter around Issue 17. Peter was annoyed with her and tried to avoid her at all costs. Spidey's 2nd love interest was Gwen, and that lasted for 8 years.

True - but she wasn't in high school (since she dropped out to be a secretary), and she thought Spidey really loved Liz, not her:)...and, he did for a few issues, just not the ones Liz liked him (since Betty and Liz showed at the same time, and Peter only liked Liz when she was someone else's girlfriend:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

1 minute ago, scabab said:

Uhhhh...nothing...If there's nothing to talk about of relevance to the actual thread then nothing. It shouldn't be an excuse to come up with Irrelevant discussions and spam the topic with gifs.

If I go on the thread for the Spider-man Homecoming overseas gross then the posts there are about just that and only that. It's not like a chatroom.

The discussions are fun tho.  They help make weekend threads actually interesting.  The derailments are easily the most fun part about this site.  We can't just talk about the same old shit over and over.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, scabab said:

Dude, lighten up. It's just a thread on a forum.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, scabab said:

People giving early box office estimates before they are available on Mojo. People discussing those numbers as they come in. You know kinda like what people did for years on Mojo?

Not someone going on an Irrelevant rant about racism and posting silly gifs of women fighting and crying as if the place was Reddit.

L+KB8YpyaJtJQAAAABJRU5ErkJgggA=

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

And it's not like it's an all out disaster either. The thought that it will discourage quality filmmaking is hilarious

People are just being completely over the top when it comes to this movie. Now apparently Matt Reeves is going to be fired off of the Batman movie and somehow even though he hasn't even written a script for it they're going to tell him to add him more humor and action. So I guess he wrote a secret script that was exactly like Planet of the Apes even though Batman and planet apes are different?  it's just the usual silliness but it's annoying all the same.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

And once again, WW continues to save the box office this summer and give us something good to talk about. Don't even want to discuss that Apes number , too damn depressing and I've already made it clear how badly I think Fox dropped the ball. 

I don't think that marketing would've changed the outcome much... As much as folks adored Dawn, so e we're obviously put off by the tone which impacted the OW and overall DOM.

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

Oh yeah Transformers had another bad drop. Paramount better enjoy that oversees money with this one be called the next one is not going to do that well.

Enjoy what money? I don't think it's even going to pull enough WW to be profitable. It will probably  eventually make money for them on home video release, but it's a box office bomb. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Enjoy what money? I don't think it's even going to pull enough WW to be profitable. It will probably  eventually make money for them on home video release, but it's a box office bomb. 

Oh I just wasn't sure about that or not.

I predicted 775 to 800 overseas BTW. Well I did on Twitter. That was a bad prediction.