WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

4 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

For me ASM 2 is far worse. ASM 1 was basically inoffensive and forgettable, outside of the leads' chemistry.

ASM 1 is boring and just bland.

ASM 2 is a genius work of satire. Pure, hilarious nonsense. The best comedy of 2014. For that alone, i give it more credit than ASM1. Ive never seen a "blockbuster" so BAD and so entertaining at the same time.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Come on people, 60% of 2nd weekend drop is a very common scenario now despite having great RT score, it's a 3rd launch of the franchise after all, it has gotten what it deserved, $117m opening and around $300m total, can't complain......

I'm more worried about Apes! It's freaking good movie!! It looks generally the same as dawn, as it embrace a more deeper and thought-provoking discuss than the 2nd, action sequence may slow and isn't we get it enough fast pacing sequences from other film??  

If people can accept the similarity between SW7 and ANH, I can't see why they can't accept the much more subtle repetition in between dawn and war 

There's a difference...I sat through through SW7 with its ANH's repeat beats b/c my kids wanted to love something I had loved (and it wasn't BAD...it just wasn't very good:)...I would have done the same for B&TB (and had the tickets, til they said they weren't interested) even though I knew that would also be an almost beat for beat remake...

So, with Star Wars, not only do you have the draw of nostalgia, but you literally have the draw of passing on your loves to the next generation...such a powerful draw...

Apes wasn't long enough to build nostalgia and its love can't be passed to kids...so 0-2 vs SW7, even if I'm pretty certain it's gotta be the better movie, sight unseen, b/c I have seen SW7:)...

7 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

For me ASM 2 is far worse. ASM 1 was basically inoffensive and forgettable, outside of the leads' chemistry.

I agree with you...it became so laughably bad near the end - that movie and Green Lantern go toe-to-toe on worst last 30 minutes of a supers movie:)...

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

July was literally a dead month in 2014 outside of Dawn

It was a scheduling problem (and real life). Good Dinosaur could not make Memorial Day, so Disney moved Maleficent from its 4th of July weekend slot, and Paul Walker's death left F7 delayed a year. 2 big movies from July just disappeared, and then Jupiter Ascending got delayed at the last minute as well leaving nothing in that entire month.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

July was literally a dead month in 2014 outside of Dawn

If I was your English teacher, I would slap your bottom. Months aren't alive, therefore they can't die. CHILD.

• Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Rogue One is worse than any of the prequels

In your opinion. I think from a visual and filmmaking standpoint R1 is fantastic. The third act puts the prequels to utter shame.

• Like 3

I don't know if the prequels are better than Rogue One, but they're more engaging/interesting. I'd rewatch the first two for lulz and some genuine creative effort over Rogue One, FWIW. And I liked TFA, so I'm not even on my high horse!

• Like 4

The Tomato Law is interesting and great to be studied.

The horrible Fantastic Four reboot got 9% on RT, but its average rating is 3.4 /10

Transformers: The Last Knight got 15% on RT ( almost 2 times higher than Fant4stic RT tomatometer ), but its average rating is 3.3/10, lower than Fant4stic's. 

Hell, if we look at both movies top critics tomatometer, it's worse for Transformers. Despite getting 17% on RT according to top critics, its average rating is 2.9/10, while Fant4stic's is 5% on RT and its average rating is 3.3/10, still higher than Transformers.

So, we have a movie that gets a higher tomatometer, but has worse ratings than the other. RT is telling me that Fantastic Four is better than The Last Knight.  Sure, bth movies are shit ( I haven't watched Transformers 5 yet ), but the numbers don't lie. 

So yeah, the tomatometer can't be seen alone. The average rating must be watched too. Too bad the general audience still won't have any idea about how that thing works...