WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Comic Con next week is going to be interesting, I imagine WB will have dates for the DC films from 2019 onwards and the first trailers for Ready Player One and Tomb Raider

Gotta think they're going to let us know their plans for 2019 soon (at least one other film besides SS2 & The Batman) and maybe 2020 slate.

Give me that, Justice League trailer ... and Aquaman teaser and I'm happy camper.

Of course, they could announce a surprise casting which would be cool too, but I'm not gonna hold my breathe.

Edited by AdamKendall

1 minute ago, AdamKendall said:

Gotta think they're going to let us know their plans for 2019 soon (at least one other film besides SS2 & The Batman) and maybe 2020 slate.

Give me that, Justice League trailer ... and Aquaman teaser and I'm happy camper.

Of course, they could announce a surprise casting which would be cool too, but I'm not gonna hold my breathe.

My guess is a date and announcement for Wonder Woman 2, whatever the third 2019 DC film is and the other 2020 DC film. 

Ready Player One's first trailer is what I'm excited for.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AndyChrono said:

IMO Spider-Man 2 set the bar way too high in terms of action sequences and hasn't really been approached by any SM movie (or CB movie for that matter) since. There's arguably better action in the damn TRAILER for that movie than in every SM movie since then.

I cannot comment when I am on my phone so when I saw this I had to get to a computer ASAP to respond to this.  When SM-2 came out, i was 18 years old.  I cared more about action scenes then well reviewed movies.  When SM-3 came out, I was high on SM-2.  I thought SM-3 outdid SM-2 in terms of action scenes.  The first action scene with James Franco and Peter Parker was nonstop.  The slo-motion scene when he got thrown through the building crashing through layers and layers of glass as he lost his ring was something I thought never had been done before.  I thought this was the reason for the insane budget.  It looked like it upped the ante, graphically, from a similar scene in Matrix Reloaded.  The next action sequence was a random sequence when Gwen Stacey was rescued.  Spider-Man navigates his way through falling debris to catch her and it is done to the sound of a heartbeat.  I knew this sequence was very expensive and effective.  I thought Spider-Man 3 outdid Spider-man 2 in terms of action and graphics.  I saw part 3 about 5 times in theaters.  SM3 was the first movie to feature someone getting thrown through a building like that  which did not happen again until Transformers and Man of Steel.  (a tiny bit in Matrix Revolutions)

I thought at that time, the record for best action would have had to be the Star Wars prequels, Terminator 3, LOTR, and Matrix sequels.  However, this post says action sequences for comic book movies.  I thought The Avengers was the peak of what could be shown with action.  The last 30 minutes when they were all fighting together was more intense than SM-2.

(and now with Ultron and Civil War they just make it look easy IMO)

Edited by Matrix4You
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

LinearDefensiveHoiho-size_restricted.gif

This is amazing. You totally need to do one where you replace the Rth avatar with the RT Certified Fresh symbol, tho :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This is amazing. You totally need to do one where you replace the Rth avatar with the RT Certified Fresh symbol, tho :ph34r:

That gif took so fucking long. Shit's hard.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

My guess is a date and announcement for Wonder Woman 2, whatever the third 2019 DC film is and the other 2020 DC film. 

Ready Player One's first trailer is what I'm excited for.

IMO, third 2019 film will be Batgirl or Justice League Dark ... the 2020 films will be Wonder Woman 2 , Flash & Gotham City Sirens. :)

I think Superman, Cyborg & Green Lantern (and I don't trust Rock to ever actually make a fucking Shazam/BA movie it's all talk and then he does another film) are fucked for now as I get the feeling the women are taking over and it might be DC's biggest weapon going forward as they're fresh characters who are extremely popular with young girls.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

IMO, third 2019 film will be Batgirl or Justice League Dark ... the 2020 films will be Wonder Woman 2 , Flash & Gotham City Sirens. :)

I think Superman, Cyborg & Green Lantern (and I don't trust Rock to ever actually make a fucking Shazam/BA movie it's all talk and then he does another film) are fucked for now as I get the feeling the women are taking over and it might be DC's biggest weapon going forward as they're fresh characters who are extremely popular with young girls.

I'm thinking Batman, Flash and SS2 for 2019

• Like 1

So 46-48M for Spidey and 58-60M for Apes. 

I wonder if Game of Thrones and it's expected 25M viewers will have an effect on the holds on Sunday. And before we dismiss the possibility, the GOT demo overlaps a lot with the Spidey and Apes demo. This isn't Mayweather-Pacquiao but it is a major pop culture touchstone.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

So 46-48M for Spidey and 58-60M for Apes. 

I wonder if Game of Thrones and it's expected 25M viewers will have an effect on the holds on Sunday. And before we dismiss the possibility, the GOT demo overlaps a lot with the Spidey and Apes demo. This isn't Mayweather-Pacquiao but it is a major pop culture touchstone.

Don't forget the 1-2M who'll be watching Twin Peaks :cloud9: 

• Like 2