WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I remember genre fanboys shitting all over it because it didn't have some epic huge dragons vs. military battle at the end. A dark forboding of what was to come in future years -- "epic" CG-fests that bloat runtimes. 

Yes. Nooooooooo

Yes, it's a reminder that fantasy action films could be good stories rather than boring messes.

• Like 2

jesus i looked at the '81 oscars and what a tragic year. more than half the nominees suck. obviously chariots of fire is objectively shitty, and also there's on golden pond which is a hallmark movie and reds is a fucking slog too.

• Like 2

Just now, aabattery said:

It's kind of crazy that Kong: Skull Island will probably have a bigger opening weekend than WftPotA.

APES. TOGETHER. NOT AS STRONG AS ONE WOULD EXPECT.

We should have learned from Harambe.

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

jesus i looked at the '81 oscars and what a tragic year. more than half the nominees suck. obviously chariots of fire is objectively shitty, and also there's on golden pond which is a hallmark movie and reds is a fucking slog too.

But, but...theres also the 2nd best movie of the 80s

26 minutes ago, LuisDHern said:

Tell me about it!!! Taking my wife for the 3rd time (4th time for her) tomorrow. I loved the movie but I'm done, they need to take it out from our movie theater.  WW fatigue is real.. :-( I asked to see SM:H with me (since she skipped it and I went with my son on OD) but she still got zero interest in seeing it. I even begged her to go and see Apes but nope, not luck at all. Therefore, I will be watching WW for the 4th time tomorrow. :-( 

I hear ya, but also have you ever had a film that you loved or fanboyed over and went to go see a bunch of times in theatres for that magical experience? Unless she is asking all of the time to see movies 4 times in theatres, go with your wife to the movies, take pleasure in her enjoyment of the film, and like someone else said: relax, eat some nachos, and enjoy the movie-going experience with the love of your life :) 

Peace,

Mike

• Like 8

1 hour ago, baumer said:

It seems like once a month at our site we always go through who likes the Star Wars films who doesn't like the prequels how much Rogue one sucked or how good it was or how good the force awakens was and so on.

How about we discuss something else besides the same old stuff. Let's discuss how much Chariots of Fire sucks or how good it was. Or how good On Golden Pond is or how much it sucks. Or how good down and out in Beverly Hills is or how much it sucks. Anything but Star Wars. We beating that horse so badly after its death that it's not even recognizable anymore.

Good choices, but I'd love to talk about which one is better, Carrie, The Omen, The Exorcist, Psycho, or Rosemary's Baby. :D 

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

Good choices, but I'd love to talk about which one is better, Carrie, The Omen, The Exorcist, Psycho, or Rosemary's Baby. :D 

The Omen is the most fun.

Carrie is the most parodied.

The Exorcist is the scariest and most successful.

Psycho has the most respected filmmaking.

Rosemary's Baby has the best ending.

You probably wanted an indepth discussion but there's my hot take.

20 minutes ago, KC7 said:

In case anyone didn't see it, Vulture had an article about the making of that episode (but mostly, the musical itself) on Thursday.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/07/the-simpsons-planet-of-the-apes-musical-oral-history-zauis.html

Ran out of likes but this is a great article. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rth Homecoming said:

WFTPOTA 21, SMH 19

Looks very strong for both!

+23% from True Friday for Apes (better than the +8% from True Friday for the previous film).

And +40% increase for Spidey. 

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 6

Interesting numbers. Wouldn't be surprised if Homecoming's number comes in slightly lower like last night but 35-40% was what I was thinking.

I'm just so meh on Apes numbers. Anything below 65mil shouldn't have happened and is a disappointment. That number is fine but it will still miss 60mil so again, meh. The international numbers should be more interesting.