WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

4 minutes ago, Subzero said:

:ph34r: (can we go back to the DC/Marvel war)

be1be793e30ac59bddff98a55164bc8e.jpg

I could have linked the horse in a tree scene here by segueing from beating the dead horse but @WrathOfHan prematurely blew that load.

Typical WoH.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, baumer said:

It seems like once a month at our site we always go through who likes the Star Wars films who doesn't like the prequels how much Rogue one sucked or how good it was or how good the force awakens was and so on.

How about we discuss something else besides the same old stuff. Let's discuss how much Chariots of Fire suck your how good it was. Or how good On Golden Pond is or how much it sucks. Or how good down and out in Beverly Hills is or how much it sucks. Anything but Star Wars. We beating that horse so badly after its death that it's not even recognizable anymore.

Those movies are older than most of the clientele here, Daddy. They aren't in the pop Culture echelon in the same way as Star Wars.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LuisDHern said:

Tell me about it!!! Taking my wife for the 3rd time (4th time for her) tomorrow. I loved the movie but I'm done, they need to take it out from our movie theater.  WW fatigue is real.. :-( I asked to see SM:H with me (since she skipped it and I went with my son on OD) but she still got zero interest in seeing it. I even begged her to go and see Apes but nope, not luck at all. Therefore, I will be watching WW for the 4th time tomorrow. :-( 

I'd have offered a double feature - WW and Spidey with a nice lunch or dinner in between:)...

Oh, and on Box Office, having checked my area today...I wouldn't be surprised if both Spidey and Apes are in for a pretty good real Friday rise today...matinees were more solid and evening is equally sold out (as last night's was)...could be a one-off for my area (since it's hot), but then again, could be a good sign, especially for Apes fans:)...

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Im all in for a REIGN OF FIRE discussion. A solid, underrated movie about a dragon apocalypse from 2002 with Christian Bale and McConaughey.

Reign of Fire is terrific. Love it to bits. The definition of underrated.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

CHARIOTS OF FIRE deserved its BP win. Come at me. 

Is that meant to be edgy? Is Chariots of Fire no longer a good film? I thought everyone likes it.

1 minute ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

Reign of Fire is terrific. Love it to bits. The definition of underrated.

I remember genre fanboys shitting all over it because it didn't have some epic huge dragons vs. military battle at the end. A dark forboding of what was to come in future years -- "epic" CG-fests that bloat runtimes. 

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

reign of fire is fun. deserved more oscars than chariots of fire.

Yes. Nooooooooo

10 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

CHARIOTS OF FIRE deserved its BP win. Come at me. 

I like that movie too but Raiders of the Lost Ark is much better :) and should have won.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 2

About to watch planet of the apes and I've seen three adverts for products using Spiderman marketing. A clip showing Spiderman on his laptop and then, "See the all new Dell Inspiron in Spiderman Homecoming!". :/

25 minutes ago, LuisDHern said:

Tell me about it!!! Taking my wife for the 3rd time (4th time for her) tomorrow. I loved the movie but I'm done, they need to take it out from our movie theater.  WW fatigue is real.. :-( I asked to see SM:H with me (since she skipped it and I went with my son on OD) but she still got zero interest in seeing it. I even begged her to go and see Apes but nope, not luck at all. Therefore, I will be watching WW for the 4th time tomorrow. :-( 

Yea we ended up seeing it 4 times and she's still hinting about going for a 5th time. It's a good movie but seeing it twice would have been enough for me.

• Like 1