Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

David Robert Mitchell reportedly attached to direct The Bigfoot Murders. The film is set to star Edward Norton as a stoner detective investigsting a serise of beschside murders commited by a serial killer who refers to himself as Bigfoot

That's a genius idea!

Cookie Pictures has announced that the forthcoming SkyRiders will be retooled as a live-action feature and split into two parts.

The reasons cited for the turn to live-action and split into two films are:

* The film’s story outline reportedly clocking in at close to 4 hours

* Studio President and CEO Sebastian Peters expressing a desire to have the film release in both IMAX and Cinerama formats to ”make use of both the vertical and the horizontal space made available.”

* Allow their animation studio to focus on the continuation of the DuckVerse, The Legend of Zelda: Secret of the Guardians and Mako and the Island of Cats, plus the development of short features.

Lauren Montgomery and Dana Terrace will remain as writers and producers on the film, with Niki Caro (Mulan, Lumberjanes) being approached to direct. While cast changes are expected, the studio confirms Bex Taylor-Klaus (The Scavenger Wars Part II) and Cailee Spaeny (Bad Times at the El Royale) will remain in their respective roles (Skye/Kiara).

Speaking to the press after the announcement, Dana Terrace spoke of the main character Skye’s journey as ”being one of self-discovery, of where they belong and the blurring of gender lines — on top of being a story involving flying kaiju whales, of course.” Dana says the split into two films allows them the time to explore these ideas at greater depth than with just one.

The aim is to have the first of the two parts release in the Y7/8 window, with the release of the second part to be determined.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@CayomMagazine

Letitia Wright, Salma Hayek, Steven Yuen, Julian Dennison, Brooklyn Prince, and Mena Massoud will all play the leading roles in the six segments of Boots Riley and Nia DaCosta's Teyonnah and the Renegades: Six Righteous Tales.

These tales will weave genres and styles of filmmaking including animation, musical comedy, horror, action, war, romance, drama, and more.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mr Pastaffelees said:

@CayomMagazine

Margot Robbie.

Sam Neill.

Mya Taylor.

O'Shea Jackson Jr.

Ian Chen.

Richard E. Grant.

Christine Baranski.

Y6 is about to get animated. Find out more tomorrow.

• Astonished 1

FROM CHROMA CITY TO YOUR CITY: JULIA POTTS' DE BLOB TO COLOR CINEMAS IN SUMMER Y6

Image result for de blob

Based on the hit video game of the late-aughts, de Blob will hit the big screen in Summer of Y6. Directed by Julia Potts (creator of Summer Camp Island), and written by Potts and Michael Bacall (22 Jump Street, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World), the film will be an exhilarating, hilarious, touching, and inspiring cinematic experience like nothing else.

The plot centers on the radiant world of Chroma City on the Isles of Biv. A world once full of color and joy has now been taken over by the authoritatian, monochrome Inky empire, led by the irritable and domineering Comrade Black (played by an upper-pitched Richard E. Grant, Can You Ever Forgive Me, Olive the Other Reindeer). As the life is sucked out of the city, a small resistance of misfits loosely forms, but they're clearly fighting a losing battle. When the youngest and most optimistic member, the blue Zip (Ian Chen, Shazam!, Fresh off the Boat), hears a legend of a powerful being capable of turning the tide, he dreams of finding it and seeking help to save their city.

Lo and behond....de Blob (Margot Robbie, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Suicide Squad) is a real, living legend. Energetic, sharp witted, righteous, and caring, she's here to bring color back to the city and send shivers down the spines of the INKT empire. However, de Blob has a secret that could jeopardize everything they've been working toward. Can she save the day and live up the people's hopes, or will their dreams splatter?

Joining de Blob on her journey is the artful and compassionate green Arty (Mya Taylor, Tangerine, Dietland), the strong yet adorkable orange Bif (O'Shea Jackson Jr., Straight Outta Compton, Ingrid Goes West), and the wise brown Prof (Sam Neill, Jurassic Park, Hunt for the Wilderpeople) Christine Baranski (Mamma Mia!, The Good Fight) and Paul F. Tompkins (BoJack Horseman, There Will Be Blood) will play new characters for the movie, namely a hilariously unethical INKT scientist and the former mayor of Chroma City respectively. Daniel Pemberton will score.

Image result for de blob characters

Meet the characters played by (left to right) Chen, Jackson Jr., Robbie, Taylor, and Neill.

While the story will be relatively simple (the filmmakers have spoken with Craig McCraken to avoid thematic overlap with the similar Splatoon), the major selling point will be the visual style. Bursting with a monumental range of color like no other film before, the film applies a technology similar to Worldmeander, but with a truly unique, paint splattered style. Every frame in this will feel like a painting, modified by CGI to give a fluid animation style (a bit like Loving Vincent) while playing with depth of field and three dimensional action. The film, as a whole, has a very stylized feel, drawing from the energy of street graffiti to the wit, wonder, and charm of online art. It feeds into everything from the more emotional and sobering moments to the energy of Looney Tunes style comedy.

De Blob promises to be a whirlwind blast of energy, chaos, and fun, while offering a visual experience rarely seen in theaters. It arrives in cinemas, including 3D and Dolby Cinema, in July.

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

@CayomMagazine

Eiza Gonzalez, Diego Luna, Gael Garcia Bernal, Danny Trejo, Jake T. Austin, and Bob Newhart join Lea Seydoux, Glen Powell, Isabelle Huppert, Hugh Jackman, Rhys Darby, Jean Reno, Audrey Tatou, Xavier Dolan, and Jonathan Pryce, rounding out the full voice cast of The Rescuers 3. Rosa Salazar joins the live-action cast of the film, starring alongside Adam Driver and Evan Rosado. Both Driver and Salazar have been confirmed as the main antagonists of the film, with Chloe Zhao describing the pair as a Bonnie and Clyde-esque duo and taking inspiration from past Rescuers villains Madame Medusa and Percival McLeach.

Lager Pictures has also announced that Bear McCreary will compose the score for the film.

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 4

@cayommagazine

The full plot and cast for Infinite Studios and Olivia Wilde’s Th🍆rsty has been announced, starring Yara Shadidi (black-ish, Smallfoot), Isabella Moner (Dora and The Lost City Of Gold, Transformers: The Last Knight), Briana Hilderbrand (Deadpool, Playing with Fire), Madison Iseman (Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle), Noah Centineo (To All The Boys I’ve Ever Loved Before, The Fosters), McKenna Grace (Gateways, Captain Marvel), Abby Ryder Fortson (Ant Man and The Wasp), Faithe Herman (Shazam!), Logan Miller ( ), with Jimmy Tatro (By The Balls, 22 Jump Street) and Idris Elba (Hobbs and Shaw, The Jungle Book)

The plot reads as Riley (Yara Shahidi), is a bit inexperienced when it comes to gaining the attention and affection of her crush Aiden (Noah Centineo), the popular yet having a heart of gold baseball star at their school but after receiving hilariously bad advice from her promiscuous sister, winds up accidentally sending him, her nudes. With her best friends in tow, drama loving but loyal Maria (Isabella Moner) and dour goth Bea (Briana Hildebrand), the three skip school and attempt to travel to another state before Aiden looks at his phone. However it becomes easier said than done as they face head of the one dimensional popular chicks as well as Aiden’s ex Diana (Madison Iseman), a hardcore truant officer who has score to settle with Bea, Vin Statham Johnson (Idris Elba), frat boys lead by Zeta (Jimmy Tatro) and a terrifying trio of cigarette smoking, foul mouthed Girl Scouts (McKenna Grace, Faithe Herman and Abby Ryder Fortson).

The film aims on tackling both toxic masculinity as well as the pressures young woman face during school all with a bit of a satirical bite. Olivia Wilde will write and direct the film as Tony Yacenda (By The Balls) will produce. Thirsty arrives in theaters October Y6

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Mr Pastaffelees said:

@CayomMagazine

Alison Brie is Lisa Frank. The artist. The entrepeneur. The enigma. From the director of PERSEPOLIS and the writers of THE FAVOURITE.

QN54OMt.png

lol you used my not-serious title suggestion after all

• Astonished 1

Jessica Chastain and Anthony Mackie have signed on to lead Colony a sci-fi/Romance/Horror flick from directors Justin Benson and Aaorn Moorehead (Spring, The Endless)

Chastain and Mackie play a married couple of expert scientists doing a research mission on a recently discovered planet all the meanwhile attempting to come to grips with what their marriage really looks like after their kids have moved out. The film is said to take inspiration from Alien, The Before Trilogy, and Arrival 

• Like 3

@CayomMagazine

A few updates on De Blob: Legendary funk artist Stevie Wonder will collaborate with composer Daniel Pemberton on the film's music, also performing the closing credits song, "Rainbow Mood" with British pop group Little Mix.

• Like 3

A teenager, Douglas, (Caleb McLaughlin) rides on a horse in the middle of the wilderness, in the middle of night. A shudder is heard. The teenager disembarks the horse and walks towards something suspiciously. Something suddenly jumps in front of him and he screams.

(0:35-0:47) (Note that singing will not come in on this until I say so!)

Blankments production logo appears. Rosa (TBA) walks to a school with Eliza (McKenna Grace) to school. The teacher, Hal (Daveed Diggs), looks at Rosa.

Hal: Do you know where Douglas is?
Rosa: No...

(1:06-1:17)

Susan (Elizabeth Debicki) rides with Will (Rafael Casal) leading. 

Susan: It's not his fault he's missing.
Will: I'll say whose fault it is.

Rosa, with Will and Hal watching her, whispers something indeterminate to a horse. A few seconds later, she begins to cry.

Rosa: It's worse than you imagined.

(2:24-2:30)

THIS HALLOWEEN

(2:31-2:39)

At night, Susan looks at Hal and Eliza. She nods.

Susan: Saddle up.

(2:41-on) the lyrics kick in here

Montage:

Will fires two gunshots.
- Rosa gets a bag put on her head.
- Eliza ducks into a minecart.
- A pillar of fire heads straight towards a coyote.
- Rosa and Douglas passionately kiss.
- Hal draws a gun to the sky.

IT'S A TYPICAL DAY IN

- Jagan (Utkarsh Ambudkar) breathes fire.
- Howahkan (Gil Birmingham) shakes hands with Rosa.
- Governor Conway (Alfred Molina) gives Susan a toothy smile.
- Susan sneaks through a cave.
- Rosa rides off on a horse.
- Charlotte (Holly Hunter) blocks the door from Susan. The music cuts out.

Charlotte: (raising her hands) I already hated this town!

The big reveal: Hal, Susan and Eliza stare up in horror at a Wendigo (designed in such a matter that it looks proportionally similar to a flying dragon), that roars at them. Cut back to Charlotte.

Charlotte: (cont'd) And now you're telling me there's Winnebagos or whatever here?
Eliza: It's a Wendigo. Flesh-eating monster.
Charlotte: Honey, hush, mommy and grandmommy are talking.

(1:03 trumpet flare) 

SHIVERIN' GULCH

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 4

released in mid september (features minor Shiverin' Gulch spoilers):

Blankments Productions Presents:

Old Town Road (Shiverin’ Gulch Remix)

[Intro: Wendigo]
Roarrr, Roar-roar
Roarrr

[Refrain: Daveed Diggs]
Yeah, I'm gonna take my horse to the old town road
I'm gonna ride 'til I can't no more
I'm gonna take my horse to the old town road
(Kio, Kio)

[Verse 1: Lil Nas X]
I got the horses in the back
Horse tack is attached
Hat is matte black
Got the boots that's black to match
Ridin' on a horse, ha
You can whip your Porsche
I been in the valley
You ain't been up off that porch, now

[Chorus: Lil Nas X]
Can't nobody tell me nothin'
You can't tell me nothin'

[Verse 2: Lil Nas X]
Ridin' on a tractor
Lean all in my bladder
Cheated on my baby
You can go and ask her
My life is a movie
Bull ridin' and boobies
Cowboy hat from Gucci
Wrangler on my booty

[Chorus: Lil Nas X]

[Refrain: Lil Nas X]

[Verse 3: Daveed Diggs]
Eighteen, Sixty, runnin’ from Wendigoes
Where my son went, I don’t really wanna know
Master’s got bad habits, but now he’s all devoured
Free man today, countin’ down my hours
[Utkarsh Ambudkar]
Whispering, now that’s totes my shit
Crazy stuff goin’ on here, I’ll get in my hits
[Daveed Diggs & Utkarsh Ambudkar]
Wish we could roll on back to that old town road
We wanna ride 'til we can't no more

[Outro: Lil Nas X, Daveed Diggs & Utkarsh Ambudkar]

[Wendigo]

Roar

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@CookiePictures

Cookie Pictures is very pleased to confirm this partnership with Hourglass to bring the electrifying tale of Powerline to the big screen. #Seein'ItI2I

Edited by cookie
  • Thanks 3