CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

What a film. Only negative anyone can say about Dunkirk is that never in the history of film was there such a gap of cinematic experience depending on the format. Simply it is not the same film in an average digital theatre, it has to be seen in IMAX or 70/35mm film. You're missing a lot of the original image otherwise. Can't wait to watch it again.

• Like 1

I think Dunkirk's goal for previews is 4m. That would be pretty solid and could get it to 20m+ for today.

Valerian seems like it could miss 1m, sadly, and that's a very bad sign for the weekend. Could potentially land on low teens.

4 minutes ago, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

I think Dunkirk's goal for previews is 4m. That would be pretty solid and could get it to 20m+ for today.

Valerian seems like it could miss 1m, sadly, and that's a very bad sign for the weekend. Could potentially land on low teens.

Anything over 4 should be solid.

I think it can go higher.

I won't be surprised by 38m for Dunkirk or more OW, anything less and I'll consider the disappointment territory

Honestly, I wouldn't be r surprised reprise did with 5-6M for Dunkirk. It's selling extremely well everywhere I look (I'm only looking around Canada though). Even Girls Trip is selling really well accords the country which could be a good sign because (and I hate saying it) but movies with black stars that aren't will smith don't typically do as well (get out, hidden figures) as in the States. Thinking 2M+

Even Valerian didn't look too too bad. Would be shocked if it went under The Great Wall for the weekend. Thinking 1.4-1.7M previews.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Just realized the guy behind the genius Legion tv show is doing the Doom movie.

Looks like I have to admit @CJohn maybe right. 

Fox figured out the one way to get away with rebooting FF without too much backlash.

Exactly. You get it now. Internet seemed to have give it a pass because of Noah Hawley. They found a way to do it.