Finnick

Thursday Numbers: DUNKIRK:$5.19M | GT:$3.17M | SMH:$2.77M | APES:$2.02M | GRU:$1.96M | WW:$0.65M .....NOT THE WW OSCAR PUSH THREAD (take it to the WW thread)

56 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Why do people act as if a major Hollywood studio did not have enough money to push TWO movies for the Oscar race? Is that such a crazy idea? Pushing them both is not going to impact each other either way: I bet that voters will not go, "Wait? WB has both Dunkirk and Wonder Woman trying to get into the Oscar race?? Fuck that shit! I ain't voting for either one then!!" 

Hollywood studio have enough money to push all really profitable movie they released in a year if the above the line people are powerful and want it (by definition, they simply ad campaign cost to those individual movie marketing, reducing the people getting those award campaign participation bonus in the same time)

Every movie being push impact all the others (competition), more so if they are comparable, regardless of the studio.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

I knew a girl in college who thought that. She also thought Fight Club was the worse movie ever. 

Was she blond with big knockers and pretty hair?

56 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

WB already has Dunkirk, Blade Runner, and probably Clint's new movie to campaign for. WW will not be their focus.

True, but they can (and usually do) hire external consultant expert, a type of campaign manager for each movie and give them a budget. Weinstein employee campaign expert get hired to campaign for others studio movie if he does not have a movie to push for him for examples.

31 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Is Tim Horton's any good? There's a bunch where I'm moving. Is it just a Canadian version of Dunkin'?

Some people did their business master degree trying to understand how it work at all in Canada (the price are really high, food or nothing else is special, for a long time they were cash only and did not accept credit card). One aspect of the Tim Horton success is really nice and really clean bathroom, people with a night shift (Cops, ambulance driver, etc...) did start to go there all the time for that reason.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filmnerdjamie said:

If you loved Wonder Woman, God bless ya. But stop for a second to think it legit has a shot at Oscar gold. If any of these films had a chance, it would be Logan... and that won't happen either.

Remember when the craptacularly reviewed (and allegedly "hated by all") Suicide Squad  had no chance at Oscar gold? :D 

Edited by Cochofles

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

WB already has Dunkirk, Blade Runner, and probably Clint's new movie to campaign for. WW will not be their focus.

Blade Runner has the same chance to get into the Oscar race as WW and you know it, Han. Don't let Villenueve (spelling?)'s name fool ya.

9 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

She could be the hottest girl in the world and I couldn't date her....seriously.  

I would date her. Treat her like a queen and make her fall madly in love with me.. Ask her to merry me and just leave her by the alter..

All alone and confused until the priest gives her a note wich says:

First rule of getting a man to marry you

Always give great blowjobs to your future husbond

second rule of getting a man to marry you

You do not speak ill about fightclub

3rd rule of getting a man to marry you

YOU DO NOT SPEAK SPEAK ILL ABOUT FIGHTCLUB

Have a nice life

Tyler Durden

• Haha 1

Just now, Cochofles said:

Remember when the craptacularly reviewed Suicide Squad and allegedly "hated by all" had no chance at Oscar gold? :D 

For makeup. A technical category that has nothing to do with things like directing, writing or acting. Awful (and frankly desperate) example.

Baumer said several times to drop the WW Oscar conversation. Moving on...

Edited by filmnerdjamie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

I will let it slide if you say,

ASM2 > SM1

B&R > TDK

LW > JP1

AoC > ESB

Nut Job > TLK

But Bucks > Horton is a unacceptable. :apocalypse:

#TeamTH

Ahh Tim HORTON, I really miss it.  Every time I cross the border I always stop in. Then a few year later they expanded to my home town in Rochester, I was so happy. Then I move to The big D-TX, there isn't one ....  :(

26 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Blade Runner has the same chance to get into the Oscar race as WW and you know it, Han. Don't let Villenueve (spelling?)'s name fool ya.

To be fair neither one of you know what chances it will have since neither one of you have actually seen it. It could be meh  or Mad Max level good. 

The way a major film plays on its first Thursday seems to often be very indicative of whether it will hold especially well, given that Tuesday increases and Wednesday drops often look fairly normal. Wonder Woman was similar in its first week, in that it dropped 35% on Wednesday but then only decreased 1.9% on Thursday.

Very strong for Dunkirk. I could see a ~45% drop this weekend.

And only about a 21-22% drop from last Thursday for Wonder Woman. With the strong theatre retention for it this weekend, and openers that won't be huge (or direct competition... though nothing has ever really seemed to be direct competition for Wonder Woman given its continuously strong holds, heh), it could be looking at its strongest weekend hold yet and gaining further on the original Spider-Man.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Given my history following the Oscars and the film awards season in general, I feel very confident in saying that Wonder Woman will not be nominated for any major awards at the Oscars. I would caution anyone who expects it will.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Given my history following the Oscars and the film awards season in general, I feel very confident in saying that Wonder Woman will not be nominated for any major awards at the Oscars. I would caution anyone who expects it will.

Peace,

Mike

Return_of_the_Jedi_Emperor_Palpatine.jpg

Daily Domestic Chart for Thursday July 27th, 2017

← Previous Chart Chart Index  

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
- (2) Girls Trip Universal $3,174,415 +1% 2,591 $1,225   $45,439,220 7
- (5) Despicable Me 3 Universal $1,956,120 +1% 3,525 $555   $222,699,905 28
- (14) 47 Meters Down Entertainment Studi… $49,898 -18% 449 $111   $42,510,309 42
- (-) The Beguiled Focus Features $37,515 -9% 331 $113   $10,328,849 35
- (-) The Mummy Universal $29,895 -6% 214 $140   $79,529,695 49
- -      
  • Like 1

Just out of curiosity. Where are the numbers from Puerto Rico get reported under?  Do they get reported with the domestic numbers (since the island is an US territory and its currency is dollars) or with the foreign numbers since it's not a state?