MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

Emoji:

9.5M

9M

6.6M

25.1M Weekend

Atomic Blonde:

7.2M

6.5M

4.9M

18.6M Weekend

Dunkirk:

7.8M

10.9M

8.2M

26.9M Weekend, 47% drop

GT:

6.3M

8.4M

6.1M

20.8M Weekend, 33% drop

SMH:

3.9M

5.4M

4.1M

13.4M Weekend, 40% drop

Apes:

2.9M

4.1M

3.1M

10.1M Weekend, 52% drop

DM3:

2.4M

3.2M

2.3M

7.9M Weekend, 39% drop

Valerian:

1.8M

2.5M

1.9M

6.2M Weekend, 64% drop

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

An ok but pretty unimpressive hold for Dunkirk 

Nolan did start to have movie playing more like franchise movie I guess, it was a really high OW for a movie like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

:circles:   Don't be putting Besson in a league with Yimou.  Yimou could make crap for the rest of his career and he'd still be Yimou.

We just gonna forget that Besson made CLASSIC FILMS THE FIFTH ELEMENT AND THE PROFESSIONAL.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

:circles:   Don't be putting Besson in a league with Yimou.  Yimou could make crap for the rest of his career and he'd still be Yimou.

Lol, both trailers labeled them as 'Visionary,' the studios did this by abusing the word visionary.

Yimou is an excellent excellent director (not a fan of Besson generally), but visionary seems like a somewhat weird descriptor.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, That Atomic Guy said:

We just gonna forget that Besson made CLASSIC FILMS THE FIFTH ELEMENT AND THE PROFESSIONAL.

Besson's best is maybe equitable to middle of the road level Yimou (Shanghai Triad, House Of The Flying Daggers etc)

Watch To Live, Raise The Red Lantern and Du Jou and get back to me

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Nolan did start to have movie playing more like franchise movie I guess, it was a really high OW for a movie like that.

Probably.

considering it's a non sequel and didn't face any major competition this weekend it is not really a good hold. Not bad either thought. Just eh