filmlover

Call Me by Your Name | Sony Pictures Classics | 11/24/2017 in NY and LA

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Let's see if with all this critics Awards he gets an Oscar nom. 

Or if the Dirty Old Hetero Man Brigade once again overlook a young actor - no matter how impressive - while drooling over the latest ingenue.

At this point, I think there's a relatively decent chance he could win the award.

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Let's see if with all this critics Awards he gets an Oscar nom. 

Or if the Dirty Old Hetero Man Brigade once again overlook a young actor - no matter how impressive - while drooling over the latest ingenue.

He's very much in at this point (at least top 3). So is Hammer in Supporting, for that matter. Both Actor categories are very barren in terms of serious contenders this year.

The Sony Pictures Classics f'ed up with film's run. Had red hot buzz off its strong opening, but Sony instead of progressively expanding the theater count has decided to stall this film's expansion, which has made buzz completely burn off. It will be interesting to see if this film can recover but I highly doubt it...especially since this weekend according to the film's website it is only expanding 3 theaters....I mean WHAT THE F*CK!

27 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

The Sony Pictures Classics f'ed up with film's run. Had red hot buzz off its strong opening, but Sony instead of progressively expanding the theater count has decided to stall this film's expansion, which has made buzz completely burn off. It will be interesting to see if this film can recover but I highly doubt it...especially since this weekend according to the film's website it is only expanding 3 theaters....I mean WHAT THE F*CK!

A very puzzling choice, and a very risky one at that. Films like I, Tonya and Darkest Hour are coming in hot; if it really is buzz that matters, then Sony Pictures Classics may have made a grave mistake.

• Like 1