the beast

Wednesday Numbers: Dunkirk - $3.52 mil / Wonder Woman - $465k / Girls Trip - $2.04 million / SMH - $1.86 million / The Emoji Movie - $2.82 million / Atomic Blonde - $1.723 million / Apes 3 - $1.285 million / DM3 - $1.262 million / Valerian - $834k /

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

I honestly don't think he is that wooden. All he needs is good material to work with. Take a look at Wonder Woman or Guardians Vol. 1 and 2, it's not like Gal or Dave are better actors than him, and somehow Jenkins and Gunn made it work. 

Gal Gadot was so delightful in WW. I don't think cavill has it in him to deliver such a pleasant performance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alli said:

Gal Gadot was so delightful in WW. I don't think cavill has it in him to deliver such a pleasant performance.

I honestly think he does. He feels more like Superman on his Instagram than he does in the films, all he really needs is a good shot, like Gal and Dave had. He clearly has a great understanding of Superman, and I feel like he has been basically very much like Andrew Garfield: great Superman, poor stories so far. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I honestly don't think he is that wooden. All he needs is good material to work with. Take a look at Wonder Woman or Guardians Vol. 1 and 2, it's not like Gal or Dave are better actors than him, and somehow Jenkins and Gunn made it work. 

Charisma, bro. Gal and Dave not only have charisma but are insanely likable and their unpolished acting works perfectly for their unpolished characters. I love both performances and consider Dave a GOTG MVP (sorry Groot). 

Cavill is handsome and likable but lacks something. I think he's the guy who looks like a movie star but doesn't really have it. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Alli said:

But he's so wooden...

He was decent in his small role in that Woody Allen movie he was in several years back. Besides, Bond does not need to be played by a great actor. The character simply needs to be portrayed by someone with some charm like Connery, Moore and Brosnan. Cavill would be fine but Elba would be a much better choice, though.

Edited by LonePirate

Just now, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Disagree.Man from UNCLE is a prime example that he is more than capable.Now if only the next MOS wirter gives him the right material so he can be as charming and charisnatic as Guy Ritchie let him be.

What Cavill needs is Whedon, Jenkins or Raimi.

Just now, LonePirate said:

He was decent in his small role in that Woody Allen movie he was in several years back. Besides, Bond does not need to be played by a great actor. The character simply needs to be portrayed by someone with some charm like Connery, Moore and Brosnan. Cavill would be fine but Elba would be a much better choice, though.

Elba is magnetic though isn't he a sold as Craig already? 

3 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Disagree.Man from UNCLE is a prime example that he is more than capable.Now if only the next MOS wirter gives him the right material so he can be as charming and charisnatic as Guy Ritchie let him be.

ok i'm gonna watch UNCLE.  Let's see if it changes my opinion. i'm still mad he's gonna be in the next MI.

15 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I honestly think he does. He feels more like Superman on his Instagram than he does in the films, all he really needs is a good shot, like Gal and Dave had. He clearly has a great understanding of Superman, and I feel like he has been basically very much like Andrew Garfield: great Superman, poor stories so far. 

I agree. In person he seem to be very like able and very charismatic ... just watch all of his auto graph signing session and his interviews and you'll see. It all depends on the role he plays in .. as one user posted above, check out the Man from Uncle he's pretty good in it. Also if you watch the Tudor he's did well excellent there.

19 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Yeah, I was going to point out Roger Moor, he admits himeself that he's not a great actor, but he has endless charisma.

3 hours ago, the beast said:

Does anyone know how many weeks Wonder Woman is staying in theaters for?

Probably up until about October.

At the end of the day, an actor can only do so much with what they're given. Henry's Superman isn't exactly his fault. He's not given a lot to work with. Period. He can't make Superman all vibrant and lively when the script wants him to be dull and broody. 

But based on what I've seen in interviews, there's no reason why he can't be a lively Superman. The guy is actually pretty charismatic and if his Superman character were written correctly, he'd be able to showcase that in his character too. 

• Like 1