Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

You gotta finish that sentence bud. That sentence could be finished a number of which ways.....some that would make God think you've been a very very bad boy. 

i'm not 100% sure what God's stance on pedophilia is. i've seen spotlight after all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Who knows what the thread the weekend Leap! opens in a few weeks will bring.

well since that stars Elle Fanning and Woody Allen's next movie after Wonder Wheel is gonna star Elle Fanning and be a movie about young love, it's only natural that this discussion will only be stronger

• Like 1

Just now, That Floating Guy said:

well since that stars Elle Fanning and Woody Allen's next movie after Wonder Wheel is gonna star Elle Fanning and be a movie about young love, it's only natural that this discussion will only be stronger

It also has had BOT favorite Dane DeHaan in it (he got replaced by Nat Wolff for the American version for whatever reason). Poor guy having a hand in both long-delayed Weinstein flops opening the same day.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It also has had BOT favorite Dane DeHaan in it (he got replaced by Nat Wolff for the American version for whatever reason). Poor guy having a hand in both long-delayed Weinstein flops opening the same day.

Tulip Fever opened here last month for whatever reason lol

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

All this talk and no mention of Bryan Singer...tut tut.

Actually many classics will be ruined if we went in details. Wizard of OZ is one.

Also, looking at movietickets, Dark tower might  decrease from friday. It is falling down at a much faster rate than emoji movie.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I think Cara is just having fun with her good fortune.

She does movies like Suicide Squad and Valerian so she should get a few points for not being too pretentious or snooty.

Unless she's a mean girl IRL.

Good on her for that, but I've heard enough times that she's kind of an asshole. And while I DO NOT AT ALL condone the idea of myself punching women, or men in general punching women (or women punching men for that matter... unless they have a 100% justified reason for it, and in fairness that applies for both cases), especially in the face, if I were a girl, I'd have no qualms telling you that she has a punchable face. That and her attitude combined just... kinda irk me. But whatever.

20 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

that is one of the greatest unintentional comedies I've ever seen.  Oh my god the shit with the old WW2 veterans in that had me lmfao

The saddest thing about Battleship is that I genuinely believe it has potential as a film (...I mean, if they successfully turned OUIJA of all things into a good horror movie w/Origin Of Evil, they can do a decent war movie out of Battleship, right?!?), but my God did they botch it, it was cringey to such a painful degree... thank the lucky stars that Peter Berg moved on to the Wahlberg real event trilogy after that (even if only one of those three was a financial hit).

20 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I see that some people are still blaming Rihanna for Valerian' s floppage.

Cute.

Now go on with your discussion of pedophilia, statutory rape, and visionary directors who might or might not be child-molesting freaks.

Anything to not blame the white male lead. White guys get an endless pass on constant flops from certain sectors and it's annoying but I've just learned to accept that fact.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

good tip is to never research the history of literally anyone who made a movie in the 'golden age'

It's what I like to call The Hot Dog Principle - don't ever look for the backstory of things (or even people) you love. You will be disgusted about everything ever.

• Like 1