Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

2 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

So is there any definitive proof yet that Dunkirk was number one on Saturday and Dark Tower was number to? Because from Empires post to me it looks like Dark Tower was still number one. Everyone's making a lot of assumptions here.

TDT was collapsing on MT the other day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

So is there any definitive proof yet that Dunkirk was number one on Saturday and Dark Tower was number to? Because from Empires post to me it looks like Dark Tower was still number one. Everyone's making a lot of assumptions here.

no proof really. i think 15% bump from true friday sounds more realistic for DT opposed to 22%, but no concrete evidence.

Yes I understand what all you guys are saying LOL but the point is is that unless the position switched on Saturday wouldn't it just be the same ranking as Friday? Wouldn't he at least specify what was on top if they had change spots

Detroit is the 23rd worst super saturated opening between this year's Wimpy Kid and The Transporter: Daario.

22 Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul Fox $7,126,084 34.4% 3,157 $2,257 $20,722,606 5/19/17
23 The Transporter Refueled EC $7,355,622 45.9% 3,434 $2,142 $16,029,670 9/4/15

:sadben: 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Detroit is the 23rd worst super saturated opening between this year's Wimpy Kid and The Transporter: Daario.

22 Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul Fox $7,126,084 34.4% 3,157 $2,257 $20,722,606 5/19/17
23 The Transporter Refueled EC $7,355,622 45.9% 3,434 $2,142 $16,029,670 9/4/15

:sadben: 

King Daario Francis. His power.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, YourMother said:

TDT was collapsing on MT the other day.

The thing with MT.com is it's not perfect - it skews to older buyers, and obviously Dunkirk is the most skewed-to-older-viewers movie...so Dunkirk will always be a little over-represented in sales there...

Pulse had Dark Tower on top last night, so it's possible (skewing younger) it sold much better all day there...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

Depending on how it holds next weekend and the severe theater drops that will follow starting the week after, Detroit has a shot at making less than The Hurt Locker ($17M) despite a much wider release and marketing push. Oof.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

The thing with MT.com is it's not perfect - it skews to older buyers, and obviously Dunkirk is the most skewed-to-older-viewers movie...so Dunkirk will always be a little over-represented in sales there...

Pulse had Dark Tower on top last night, so it's possible (skewing younger) it sold much better all day there...

I don't think there's any exact science to it that we should trust it too hard outside of pre-sales leading to Thursday.

It doesn't help that Dunkirk: The IMAX Experience is separate from Dunkirk on Pulse, so at this point we have no understanding how that 15-20% of admissions portion factors in.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Why were you expecting big numbers for Detroit in the first place? Granted I didn't predict it but the 12-13mil predictions seemed very optimistic to me.

I was predicting 8M. I didn't expect it to do this bad :sadben: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Depending on how it holds next weekend and the severe theater drops that will follow starting the week after, Detroit has a shot at making less than The Hurt Locker ($17M) despite a much wider release and marketing push. Oof.

I expect Detroit to get the Wish Upon treatment at my locals...they literally dropped that movie to 1 showing for its 2nd week...