Finnick

MONDAY Numbers: DUNKIRK:$2.72M | EM:$2.23M | DT:$2.06M | SMH:$1.55M | GT:$1.33M | AB:$1.15M | WW:$0.396M...inches closer to 400M

3 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Lol. Theyre not all crap. Maybe iyo. But i seriously doubt youve seen all his movie that finished under 100m.

I honestly liked the first JR and Oblivion wasn't that bad, but the RT scores from audience and the legs show the public didn't quite enjoy them

Edited by Alli

I must be the only one who truly, honestly thought that Rock of Ages would glide past 100 million without a problem. I felt that all those iconic songs, plus the breezy charm/chemistry of Diego Boneta and Julianne Hough, in addition to the all-star cast and the simple, relateable plot would make it an irressistible proposition. I still don't understand how something like Into the Woods becomes a hit, yet ROA does not.  Was the concept of Tom-Cruise-as-a-hedonistic-rock-god such a turn off for audiences?   

Edited by Cochofles

30 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I must be the only one who truly, honestly thought that Rock of Ages would glide past 100 million without a problem. I felt that all those iconic songs, plus the breezy charm/chemistry of Diego Boneta and Julianne Hough, in addition to the all-star cast and the simple, relateable plot would make it an irressistible proposition. I still don't understand how something like Into the Woods becomes a hit, yet ROA does not.  Was the concept of Tom-Cruise-as-a-hedonistic-rock-god such a turn off for audiences?   

The movie sucked.

2 hours ago, Alli said:

That's because his target audience/fanbase is older now and they want quality. all those movies UNDER 100 have been crap and deserved to flop.

- He once had the ability to push crappy movies over 100.

- The movies that did below 100 didn't necessarily flop and weren't even of low quality : Valkyrie, JR1 (both well received and both hits)

- The one that did do 100, was not a hit : EOT (very well received)

7 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Thank you! This represents a very small increase for Dunkirk from yesterday. ~5%? Emoji ~25%?

Emoji and TDT increases are about 17%, depending on the rounding (he provided tenths, but not hundredths).

If Dunkirk and Emoji are anything to judge by, take last week's Tuesday jump for holdovers and subtract 30% from it 

Edited by MrPink

Emoji on 54 after Tuesday. Should be 56.5 by Thursday.

50-55% drop this weekend (after last weekend's 50% drop would have gone with 40% but Nut Job 2 will hit it) will give it 5.5-6 weekend for 62-62.5 cume.

75 dom imo. And if it falls 45-50% this weekend instead of 50-55% then 80 dom.

Edited by a2knet

6 hours ago, AndyK said:

Are you really comparing a minor civil disturbance to a great historical event ?

If you are going to riot and wholsale loot, you are probably going to get shot, get over it.

I'm not even comparing the historical events. I'm comparing how the movies are able to present the gravity of the situation.