CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

18 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

WB putting Annabelle 2 instead of IT in August was a smart move, the Conjuring Cinematic Universe continues to do well.

It's way more important that Annabelle had the better release and did great to lead to more movies, IT will have only 2 movies at most.

This. Excellent observation! 

Annabelle's 70% RT ain't too shabby either. I hope it doesn't go down. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

First Annabelle was in November.

Same multiple as C2 gives 47 mln.

But may be Annabelle: Creation will be more frontloaded, cause IT clip and early, from 7p.m., previews.

I was being sarcastic

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Considering how big Horror has become these past few years, I wonder if Venom is a good movie and is scary, will it breakout?

Venombelle - from the universe Sony has Conjured out of it's behind.

• Like 1

July/Early Aug previews can be very front-loaded, especially for a sequel. That too horror. I don't think it can do 10x the previews for 40 ow. High 20s/low 30s is possible.

Edited by a2knet

I seriously doubt the film misses 30mil. I definitely do not see it hitting 40 million but I seriously doubt it doesn't hit 30mil with these previews. And I don't buy that the IT preview caused that late show number. I think fans want stuff like trailers in front of films to matter to the box office and it doesn't.

• Like 1