WrathOfHan

Lady Bird | Wide on November 24 | Now at 99% on RT #CRUMBLING

So Lady Bird is now at a perfect 150/0 on RT. Does anyone know the record for most positive reviews in a row right from the start?

The only ones I'm sure of are Get Out at 139 (up until Armond "reviewed" it) and Toy Story 2 which is 163/0.

Huh, I guess LB is so good it's even Armond proof, I just noticed he already reviewed it on Nov. 3 so it should be clear sailing for LB on RT:)

Edited by Incarnadine
  • Like 2

On 20/11/2017 at 8:26 PM, Incarnadine said:

So Lady Bird is now at a perfect 150/0 on RT. Does anyone know the record for most positive reviews in a row right from the start?

The only ones I'm sure of are Get Out at 139 (up until Armond "reviewed" it) and Toy Story 2 which is 163/0.

Huh, I guess LB is so good it's even Armond proof, I just noticed he already reviewed it on Nov. 3 so it should be clear sailing for LB on RT:)

Toy Story 2 is the current record holder, and Lady Bird is only 13 reviews away from matching that figure.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:07 PM, Cmasterclay said:

Man, I really really loved this one. Top four of the year so far for me. Felt very true. Terrific performances, too.

Saw it. Loved it...and not just because I was born and raised in Sacramento, moved away, and moved back.

Lots of shouts out by Gerwig with small jokes only people familiar with Sacramento would get.

Gerwig  admitted the jokes about Sac City College were partly to kid her friend Jessica Chastaine, who is another native Sacramentan who went to City College for two years  before getting her scholarship to Julliard.

The bit with the football coach pressed into service as a drama teacher was pretty damn funny.

And God, I drive over the Bridge that Christine drives over in the final montage about four our five times a week. I recognized almost every locatation in the film.

On 11/19/2017 at 10:13 PM, filmlover said:

This is a rare movie where I would be more than welcoming of the prospect of a sequel if Gerwig decided to make one. Would love to spend another couple of hours with Lady Bird and the people in her life to see what they're up to.

Oddly, both this and Three Billboards are movies that could have excellent sequels (yet they likely won't get them).

Is the dialogue natural sounding in this or is every other line some clever and witty retort like in Edge of Seventeen?  Loved Saoirse Ronan in Brooklyn (loved the film, too), but this looks like a movie made for critics and people on the coasts.  And any political sucker punches in it?

Business was pretty slow for this at my theater today.  Surprised we got both Lady Bird and Three Billboards.  Nice variety of choices for moviegoers.

6 minutes ago, Gumby said:

Is the dialogue natural sounding in this or is every other line some clever and witty retort like in Edge of Seventeen?  Loved Saoirse Ronan in Brooklyn (loved the film, too), but this looks like a movie made for critics and people on the coasts.  And any political sucker punches in it?

You do you, as always.

• Like 1