WrathOfHan

Lady Bird | Wide on November 24 | Now at 99% on RT #CRUMBLING

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:12 PM, JonathanLB said:

It does look really lame frankly. I can’t wait to see it because I never like to have an opinion without having seen something, but I’m just nervous it’ll be another Boyhood where I hear from critics how great it is but then I see it and... suckage. 

When I see words like “human interest drama” thrown around I know I’m going to hate it.

If you are not interested is anything that does not have fights, expolsions Monsters and lots of CGI, that is your loss.

But..I know you are a Stat Wars fan, and if I said Lady Bird reminds me strongly of "American Graffiti" would that help.

The streak is over after 196 consecutive positive reviews.

The 197th review from Cole Smithey is a B- (also mentioned 3 stars out of 5, which is 60% and should be borderline Fresh, but is considered Rotten)

From the looks of it he is a self professed critic who's credentials are he has his own film critic website.

Edited by Incarnadine
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, tonytr87 said:

It's a good movie but did anyone else watch this and wonder where the ECSTATIC praise is coming from? It's a very sweet coming-of age story with some good performances. Now tell me...does that sentence scream "best film of the year?" 

Well ummmmm... it is the best movie of the year.  Bye

4 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

It's a good movie but did anyone else watch this and wonder where the ECSTATIC praise is coming from? It's a very sweet coming-of age story with some good performances. Now tell me...does that sentence scream "best film of the year?" 

I had the thought afterwards that the lavish praise might have raised my expectations a bit too high. I enjoyed it very much (Ronan is terrific), but it didn't hit me the way I was hoping going in. That said, I think I had the same issue with Dunkirk this summer and it really clicked the second time around.

• Like 2