WrathOfHan

Lady Bird | Wide on November 24 | Now at 99% on RT #CRUMBLING

On 12/11/2017 at 2:53 PM, Incarnadine said:

So this self proclaimed "Smartest film critic in the world" seems to be another one of those contrarian critics. Someone pointed out some of his other recent reviews:

Dunkirk "F"

Wonder Woman "F"

Logan "F"

Baby Driver "C-"

Last year he gave rotten reviews to La La Land, Moonlight, Silence, Nocturnal Animals, Lion, Jackie, Personal Shopper, Toni Erdmann, Loving, etc.

He also has the dubious honor of giving Toy Story 3 its first rotten review in 2010 (it ended up 287/4)

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/12/lady-bird-rotten-tomatoes-record-broken-bad-review-cole-smithey-1201906394/

Well this year he is off with the blockbusters but Jackie was fucking insufferable, I made it 30 minutes before turning it off. The vote I get is best director and by that point in the year if you have that bad of a first act it’s a no go on winning. Life is too short. Moonlight was terrible, and Silence was also unwatchable. Made it an hour and turned that off too. Only 2 movies i didn’t finish all year. The awards bait is so bad lately it’s just a waste of life finishing it.

I think his B- to Lady Boob was probably too generous. The movie looks and sounds awful. All you have to do is read the praise to know you’re going to hate it, which is why audiences mostly avoid this kind of thing. Who the hell cares about a teenage girl coming of age movie?!? Like seriously, what on earth could be less worthy of a movie? I can’t think of anything.

• ...wtf 3

3 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Well this year he is off with the blockbusters but Jackie was fucking insufferable, I made it 30 minutes before turning it off. The vote I get is best director and by that point in the year if you have that bad of a first act it’s a no go on winning. Life is too short. Moonlight was terrible, and Silence was also unwatchable. Made it an hour and turned that off too. Only 2 movies i didn’t finish all year. The awards bait is so bad lately it’s just a waste of life finishing it.

I think his B- to Lady Boob was probably too generous. The movie looks and sounds awful. All you have to do is read the praise to know you’re going to hate it, which is why audiences mostly avoid this kind of thing. Who the hell cares about a teenage girl coming of age movie?!? Like seriously, what on earth could be less worthy of a movie? I can’t think of anything.

How about you actually watch the movie before labeling it with juvenile, sexist terms?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2017 at 5:28 AM, JonathanLB said:

$39m+ dollars worth I guess. plus boot-lags. and me and I'm not even a teenager of a girl *Gasp* 

4 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I'm starting to admire JonathanLB's dedication to saying stupid shit.

*sees his likes to posts ratio* WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Back when he first started posting during the TFA madness, he said a lot of Star Wars things that got people excited. Once he said "Pitch Perfect is gay", that ratio became..... :gold: 

• ...wtf 1

40 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I'm starting to admire JonathanLB's dedication to saying stupid shit.

*sees his likes to posts ratio* WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Calling Silence, a passion movie Scorsese took almost 30 year's to do that we would have I think an hard time to come up with a list of best picture winners similar to it ? (Cannot think of one) an award baits is a pretty special one but so is saying Pablo Larrain making award baits (specially something like Jackie......)

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Calling Silence, a passion movie Scorsese took almost 30 year's to do that we would have I think an hard time to come up with a list of best picture winners similar to it ? (Cannot think of one) an award baits is a pretty special one but so is saying Pablo Larrain making award baits (specially something like Jackie......)

i think any drama made for grown ups these days you'll be able to find at least one person online screaming that it's nothing but awards bait.

• Like 3

So I'm not sure if I've already shared my opinion on this film, but I do think that Lady Bird really is something special. Greta Gerwig's writing and directing is masterful. In my opinion, one of the most thoroughly riveting films of 2017. It might be my favorite of the year, actually.

On 1/21/2018 at 2:39 PM, SLAM! said:

So I'm not sure if I've already shared my opinion on this film, but I do think that Lady Bird really is something special. Greta Gerwig's writing and directing is masterful. In my opinion, one of the most thoroughly riveting films of 2017. It might be my favorite of the year, actually.

If you are from Sacramento, like I am, it is certainly something special. I have been to every damn location in the movie.