WrathOfHan

Lady Bird | Wide on November 24 | Now at 99% on RT #CRUMBLING

1 hour ago, PNF2187 said:

Just saw this yesterday. Was not dissapointed. I expected something funny and I laughed throughout the whole film. Admittedly most of the film's humour comes from the first half, while the second half punched me in the gut.

Do you sense potential Oscar wins for it?

I was planning to see this tomorrow, but decided to change my ticket for today so I could relax and do absolutely nothing tomorrow.;)

I saw JL at 11:30 am (all I'll say is it was better than B vs. S) and give myself 3 hours to do some shopping and treat myself to a nice steak and lobster tail dinner with baked garlic shrimp as the appetizer hungrysmileys.gif and then see LB.

A truly excellent movie, especially with a sold out theater where the crowd was really into it. The acting is top notch across the board, especially Ronan and Metcalf and Gerwig nails it right out of the gate with a tight script and excellent directing.

It deserves it's perfect RT score (147/0 and counting, let's hope Armond is on holiday for a while.:P).

I can see this having a fair number of Oscar nominations and even some wins, but competition if fierce this year.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Incarnadine said:

I was planning to see this tomorrow, but decided to change my ticket for today so I could relax and do absolutely nothing tomorrow.;)

I saw JL at 11:30 am (all I'll say is it was better than B vs. S) and give myself 3 hours to do some shopping and treat myself to a nice steak and lobster tail dinner with baked garlic shrimp as the appetizer hungrysmileys.gif and then see LB.

A truly excellent movie, especially with a sold out theater where the crowd was really into it. The acting is top notch across the board, especially Ronan and Metcalf and Gerwig nails it right out of the gate with a tight script and excellent directing.

It deserves it's perfect RT score (147/0 and counting, let's hope Armond is on holiday for a while.:P).

I can see this having a fair number of Oscar nominations and even some wins, but competition if fierce this year.

I'm starting to think that this, along with Three billboards and shape of water are becoming the top contenders for the BP race, which is taking form really late this year, usually we'd have one of two solid front-runners by now.

On 11/14/2017 at 9:23 AM, BoxOfficeChica said:

Pretty nuch, for movies outside of the BOT sweet spot (franchise tent poles, action, sci-fi, horror, major studio animation, bro-appoved directors), there won't be a ton of discussion in the movie's individual news thread. If a movie "unexpectedly" takes off (i.e. despite BOT's expectations), usually the box office discussion for it ends up in the daily/weekend/club threads.  It's not that people aren't excited about LB in other places...just checked the AwardsWatch forums, between all the Lady Bird news threads there, they are well over 3,000 posts. It all just depends on what the people who "go" to a particular site want to talk about the most.

I also go to AwardsWatch and it's really quite interesting how BOT and AW really differ in what topics are talked about, really different worlds. There the superhero movies are barely talked about except something like Wonder Woman and  Thor: Ragnarok but mainly that's because of Cate Blanchett lol

I'm impressed the movie has kept its 100% RT rating this long

Edited by forg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Saoirse Ronan will be hosting SNL December 2. She really deserves a nomination for this so I'm happy she's hitting the campaign trail hard.

Thanks for mentioning that, I pretty much never watch SNL anymore unless the guest host is one of my favorite actors (so maybe 2 or 3 times a year), but I'll check out Ronan on SNL.:)

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Saoirse Ronan will be hosting SNL December 2. She really deserves a nomination for this so I'm happy she's hitting the campaign trail hard.

Neat. I only watch SNL 2-3 times a season when there's a host I'm interested in seeing.

Saoirse, Emma and Jennifer seem to be pretty playful here. I'd love to see Saoirse join the little girl power group Emma, Jennifer and Brie have going with each other. amorously.gif  Saoirse will  definitely win an Oscar at some point, but I'd really like to see her win it this year.:)

c6bfdc662760793.jpg

2 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Lucas Hedges has a huge combo: "Manchester by the sea" + "lady Bird" + "Three billboards..."

And he's probably gonna be in the Oscar conversation next year with the lead role in Joel Edgerton's gay conversion therapy drama Boy Erased.

21 minutes ago, filmlover said:

And he's probably gonna be in the Oscar conversation next year with the lead role in Joel Edgerton's gay conversion therapy drama Boy Erased.

Hmm... But if Academy "Call me by your name" will give the nominations for Hummer (don't doubt in that) and Chalamet (may be), and don't forget Moonlight's thriumgh in last winter, so may be the gay-theme won't have too much attention in 2018/19?