CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

95 will have IT requiring only 2.1x for 200 dom. And needing 2.39x for over-take LOGAN as the year's biggest non-sequel.

Assuming 95 ow, can it challenge DM3 (which is on 259 but could make it to 262-263). So IT will need 2.77x to go ahead of DM3.

Edited by a2knet

7 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Logan? Non-sequel? It's much more of a sequel than Beauty and the Beast is. 

shit. i consider both of them non-sequels technically. but forgot about batb. embrassing :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, a2knet said:

95 will have IT requiring only 2.1x for 200 dom. And needing 2.39x for over-take LOGAN as the year's biggest non-sequel.

Assuming 95 ow, can it challenge DM3 (which is on 259 but could make it to 262-263). So IT will need 2.77x to go ahead of DM3 as the biggest non-CBM of the year....till SW8 opens.

Uhh..... I get that Beauty And The Beast is that forgettable as a movie, but its box office run is anything but.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

This year has been great except for summer!

And not even the whole summer. June and July were ok actually, average or slightly below average, but not bad by any means. May was bad and August was atrocious.

The Shining is the best adaptation of a King novel and probably the best horror movie ever made. Unbelievable. I love alot King novels but the one that pissed him off the most crushes other adaptations, sorry Stephen.

And now I notice Coolio made this point already but I already typed that and I'm too lazy to delete it and not have a point so.....+1

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

The Shining is the best adaptation of a King novel and probably the best horror movie ever made. Unbelievable. I love alot King novels but the one that pissed him off the most crushes other adaptations, sorry Stephen.

And now I notice Coolio made this point already but I already typed that and I'm too lazy to delete it and not have a point so.....+1

No Shawshank really?

I agree that The Shining is probably Kubrick's greatest work of art ever (2nd best is Dr. Strangelove aka one of the most quotable films ever), and possibly the greatest horror movie ever made (at least in the conversation.... the only competition it has are Psycho, Alien and The Exorcist..... and Jaws if you consider it horror, which I kinda do, yeah).

Buuuuuuuut no, it's not the best adaptation of Stephen King's work. The Shawshank Redemption is still the best. Sorry fools :ph34r: Shining is the 2nd best, though.

Also, I will only be down with a remake of The Shining if they have Peter Dinklage play Jack Torrance. Out on the hunt for Dan(n)y. :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

shawshank is kind of the "plain white bread is my favourite food" pick. carrie is actually the best though.

1 minute ago, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

I like shawshank but Carrie is the best for sure 

hell yeah. i also prefer misery to shawshank and shining.

Edited by a2knet