CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Laurie Metcalf was apparently great in Misery but she's top notch in everything she does not to mention a seasoned stage actor. Lady Bird which she's starring in looks very promising. 

She's very underrated. I first knew about her because of her voice actually since she played Andy Mom's in Toy Story, but then watched in a bunch of things later, very good "character actress" so to say. I've heard there's talk of her potentially getting an Oscar for Lady Bird, her performance is getting raves anyway.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

They actually did remake Maximum Overdrive, or they adapted the short story it was based off for a TV film called Trucks. I haven't seen it, but I've heard it's usually listed among the worst King adaptations, which means it's probably awful. 

it has one of the greatest scenes ever

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Deadline knows what helped Deadpool's tree-day ow. :sparta:

Deadpool, which was released Feb. 15, 2016, had a preview of $12.7M and ended its three-day weekend with $132.4M in its 3,558 theaters. But Deadpool also opened during the President’s weekend holiday.

btw Deadpool opened on Feb 12 2016. 14th Feb was Valentine's Day Sunday (DP stayed flat with +0.2%) and 15th Feb was President's Day Monday. So the three-day weekend here deserves a mention of V-day more than the President's day even if the holiday on Monday helped Sunday nights.

Edited by a2knet

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

Deadline knows what helped Deadpool's tree-day ow. :sparta:

btw Deadpool opened on Feb 12 2016. 14th Feb was Valentine's Day Sunday (DP stayed flat with +0.2%) and 15th Feb was President's Day Monday. So the three-day weekend here needs a mention of V-day more than the President's day 4-day.

Take away Valentine's Day, and Deadpool was still going to open in the $120M range for the 3-day based on how it held from previews, to its OD, to its Friday-Saturday drop. 

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

it has one of the greatest scenes ever

That's hilarious. Effects look about as good as expected & they really expect us to take that toy truck seriously. This definitely seems like a films that ripe for riffing. 

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

That's hilarious. Effects look about as good as expected & they really expect us to take that toy truck seriously. This definitely seems like a films that ripe for riffing. 

another scene from the movie where a truck somehow makes a hazmat suit come to life and hacks two people up with an axe. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, John Marston said:

another scene from the movie where a truck somehow makes a hazmat suit come to life and hacks two people up with an axe. 

Wish this was in English, but it also involves suits coming to life? Lol, well at least those trucks are determined. 

16 minutes ago, DAR said:

Going back to Kubrick for a minute.  I'd stann pretty hard for Paths of Glory 

Great war film (possibly the best WWI film?), and definitely one of Kubrick's best. The themes are powerful but subtly done. I'd say it's an easy movie to stan.

Edited by Fancyarcher

2 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

Agree. People are saying Front loading could happen, but this isn't your standard Horror film. 

47-36-27 gets it to 110. Perfectly reasonable in my opinion. 2.7x multiplier from there gets it close enough that they could push it to 300m.... Crazy!

Edited by cheesypoofs
  • Like 1