That One Girl

Christopher Robin | August 3, 2018 | 70% on RT (and rising!)

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

First we have people saying Chris Stuckmann and Grace Randolph are their most trusted critics, and now THIS?

What's the problem? I disagree with them, but it's their opinion. They aren't trying to impose anything by saying "(...)to me".

:lol:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/christopher-robin-revives-winnie-the-pooh-as-an-emotional-terrorist

‘Christopher Robin’ Revives Winnie the Pooh as an Emotional Terrorist

Disney reunites the gang from the Hundred Acre Wood in a new story seemingly hell-bent on making grown men cry, but made with enough care and love to earn those tears.

37 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Wow, definitely didn't see that RT score coming at all. This looked like about as surefire of a critical darling as the Paddington movies from the marketing. Bummer. 

It's called execution. Apparenlty Christopher Robin was simply not as  well done as the Paddinton movies were.

You can use exactly the same ingrediants for two different movies,;one will be good and one will be bad.It spends on how the ingrediants are used.

A lot of people in this forum don't get how important execution is in any movie.

Edited by dudalb

17 minutes ago, Chewy said:

It's not kid-friendly which is where the legs for this sort of thing would probably come from. Just gonna be a weird niche movie from the looks of it

What sucks is that if this doesn't do well at the box office, I feel like the Winnie the Pooh brand will officially be dead among kids and that's just depressing. 

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

One of the criticisms of the film is that the movies drags when the Pooh Gang is off the screen.

A lot of critisim that Robin's family..the mother and daughter..are not very well written.

• Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

What sucks is that if this doesn't do well at the box office, I feel like the Winnie the Pooh brand will officially be dead among kids and that's just depressing. 

Bullshit. Winnie the Pooh is an icon, and can survive a dissaponting movie.

27 minutes ago, Chewy said:

It's not kid-friendly which is where the legs for this sort of thing would probably come from. Just gonna be a weird niche movie from the looks of it

This isn't true at all lol, my audience filled with kids really ate it up and was laughing quite a lot during the movie.  even heard a few claps at the end!

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

22 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The brand hasn't been relevant with kids for at least a decade, if not longer. Was really hoping on this movie to bring on a revival. 

Winnie The Pooh sold 5.5 BILLION in merchandise in 2012 - it's dropped some but still does billions a year in sales - it's not just adults buying stuff for themselves. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The brand hasn't been relevant with kids for at least a decade, if not longer. Was really hoping on this movie to bring on a revival. 

I think this movie is targeting adults more than kids, at least from marketing it seems. and it was made because one producer had an idea & really wanted this to happen so it wasn't a cash grab like Beauty and the Beast remake. I think when another person who is passionate about Pooh & co comes to Disney with a great idea how to modernise him it'll happen (probably better be animated).

it's interesting that they do those 4 minute cartoons with Mickey still & put them on youtube, I don't know who is watching them more(adults or kids) but they get several million views.

Edited by InVy
  • Like 1