That One Girl

Christopher Robin | August 3, 2018 | 70% on RT (and rising!)

this movie lost its buzz solely on reviews and the embargo. Maybe the embargo prevented mixed reviews from coming out, but imo, it allowed people to forget this movie existed. The Fallout buzz is still high IMO and Disney severely fucked up here. Will not be surprised with 25M this weekend, and this is someone who thought 40M was assured with the last trailer.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, That One Guy said:

The Disney meeting when discussing this:

"who do we get for our happy, bright, heartwarming kids movie starring one of our most famous characters?"

"the guy who made Quantum of Solace"

Marc Forster directed Finding Neverland (2004), a Oscar nominated family drama movie and distributed by Miramax, a Disney company at the time. It is understandable why Disney has chosen him for a  nostalgic family drama movie like CR.

Way too early to write this film off. Yes, the reviews aren't glowing but better than I thought after that embargo. Therefor the audience rating is really fine at the moment (also pretty early, I know) with 90% and 4.5/5. 
And it could be #1 at MT with the next update or at least will for sure overtake M: I 6 during the day. We will see...

8 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

They gave that abysmal Teen Titans Go! Movie a B.

This is factually incorrect. TTG:TTM is an A+ film.

Regrets: Posting this before reading that Randolph is the preferred reviewers of two posters. I'm unwell.

Edited by RandomCat
  • Like 3

I don't mind Chris Stuckmann.... I actually do find him knowledgeable and sincere in his opinions, despite his unnatural/robotic-like presence, but ehh, some are more awkward on-screen than others, so that never really bothered me. I can see why plenty have a problem with him, but I actually like him, even if I disagree with his opinion on certain movies not uncommonly. However, Grace is a joke. She always comes across as not having a clue about anything she speaks about, seems like she's constantly going against popular opinion just for clickbating, and that 50's news reporter voice of hers is insufferable. She's the Alex Jones of YouTube film pundrity. Can't really see why does she have a following, but oh well.

Anyway, I still think Robin can open to 30M, but my gutfeeling tells me I may regret choosing it over MI6 for #1 this weekend.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

Think this movie will do well and be another Rotten Tomatoes fail.  The reason animated Pooh movies didn't make much is people were all for waiting for DVD for a character they've seen on TV exclusively.  This is a live action depiction and the draw is to see these characters come to life

• Like 1

It'll be funny if this indeed opens to 40 million+ after all the doom and gloom this morning here.

7 hours ago, Blankments said:

this movie lost its buzz solely on reviews and the embargo. Maybe the embargo prevented mixed reviews from coming out, but imo, it allowed people to forget this movie existed. 

I highly doubt people have forgotten about the movie with its absolutely massive almost omniscient marketing campaign

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Disbelief 1

I thought the trailers for Christopher Robin looked much better than the critically acclaimed Paddington series (those movies were terrible to me). I was shocked about the embargo and that’s what turned me off the movie. I still think it will open to $30M, though.