WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 77): It 60.1M | American Assassin 14.8M | JLaw's Original Sin 7.5M

13 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

There there

giphy.gif

Those who are glad mother! Thor: Ragnarok is bombing not winning Oscars need to realize what this means to Hollywood producers. This encourages Hollywood to make their films safer less Thor: Ragnarok-y so general audiences Academy voters can embrace it. You can call mother! Thor: Ragnarok a lazy allegory all you want, but it's a movie that's getting people to talk, think, and show passionate love and hate. We NEED more stuff like mother! Thor: Ragnarok to be released by the big six.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Rman823 said:

Thinking about that being a possibility, blows my mind. 

It's New Line's biggest film that's not LOTR/The Hobbit. IT's not going to reach the heights of those OS because those were super popular. 

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

No faith for Ninjago either?

Ninjago could surprise but I think WB will be happy with a $34-35m OW

1 hour ago, filmnerdjamie said:

We're less than a week to release and I don't sense any anticipation for a sequel to a generally well-liked surprise hit from just two years ago. Correct me here but I haven't seen any reviews up (compare that to The Secret Service where Fox screened it like crazy to spread WOM as far back as December '14... and it didn't drop till the following February) and frankly... there is no hook in the marketing. Looks like more of the same outside of the lazy "Remember the most recognizable actor from the first film who clearly died? Yeah... HE'S REALLY NOT DEAD!" angle. And moving from a prime slot like June to September is never a good sign (Look at what just happened to mother!

To be fair, I rewatched The Secret Service with my lovely love wife a month or so back, and it holds up. But yeah, right or wrong... I'm just not feeling it. 

Kingsman should be fine, I think Fox moved it to September so they can be the first big fall film. It has a good chance of cracking $40m.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Those who are glad mother! Thor Ragnarok is bombing not winning Oscars need to realize what this means to Hollywood producers. This encourages Hollywood to make their films safer less Thor: Ragnarok-y so general audiences Academy voters can embrace it. You can call mother! Thor Ragnarok a lazy allegory all you want, but it's a movie that's getting people to talk, think, and show passionate love and hate. We NEED more stuff like mother! Thor Ragnarok to be released by the big six.

tumblr_oudftmQdpM1qgfbkmo1_500.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Those who are glad mother! Thor: Ragnarok is bombing not winning Oscars need to realize what this means to Hollywood producers. This encourages Hollywood to make their films safer less Thor: Ragnarok-y so general audiences Academy voters can embrace it. You can call mother! Thor: Ragnarok a lazy allegory all you want, but it's a movie that's getting people to talk, think, and show passionate love and hate. We NEED more stuff like mother! Thor: Ragnarok to be released by the big six.

Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Ninjago could surprise but I think WB will be happy with a $34-35m OW

As long as Ninjago does $100M domestic, it's good for WAG and the LCU, which makes me happy.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

What are the possible Oscar contenders that haven't been seen as of today ?

Blader Runner 2049

Washington Post

Wonder Wheel

All the Money in the world

PTA 's movie

The Current War

anything else ?

Downsizing is creating a world on a tiny scale and mixing it with the normal world. Wonder if some technical nods will go their way.

Also, give Franco an acting nod for The Disaster Artist :lol:. Would be fitting : Wiseau acts like camel balls but the guy playing him gets an academy nod.

Edited by a2knet

28 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

What are the possible Oscar contenders that haven't been seen as of today ?

Blader Runner 2049

Washington Post

Wonder Wheel

All the Money in the world

PTA 's movie

The Current War

anything else ?

Current war seen and its not going anywhere. Kate Winslet is reportedly very strong in Wonder wheel, so a definite contender there. 

Of Course Daniel Day Lewis is definitely getting nominated in his supposed final role

Just now, jj99 said:

Current war seen and its not going anywhere. Kate Winslet is reportedly very strong in Wonder wheel, so a definite contender there. 

Of Course Daniel Day Lewis is definitely getting nominated in his supposed final role

more like Daniel Call It A Day Lewis, amirite?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Downsizing is creating a world on a tiny scale and mixing it with the normal world. Wonder if some technical nods will go their way.

Also, give Franco an acting nod for The Disaster Artist :lol:. Would be fitting : Wiseau acts like camel balls but the guy playing him gets an academy nod.

Best Actor is weak AF this year so Franco might stand a chance.

4 hours ago, La Binoche said:

mother! is a bad movie. We need challenging films that are actually good, like Nightcrawler, Arrival and Hell or High Water. 

Thank you. So sick of seeing that line today on social media under all the CS articles. Nightcrawler got robbed that year.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, YourMother said:

As long as Ninjago does $100M domestic, it's good for WAG and the LCU, which makes me happy.

If it does $35m then it'll easily crack $100m, probably will do Cloudy 2 numbers minimum and Cloudy 1 numbers maximum. Over $40m gets it to HT numbers. 

• Like 2

I agree. Nightcrawler was incredible. There was nothing challenging about Arrival and Hell and High Water. Both were decent, but had much superior entries in their respectable genres in the recent years. Now mother! is challenging. You can love it or loathe it, but it is a cinematic experience of epic proportions that sure to create emotional response upon watching and that is the point of art.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 1