WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 77): It 60.1M | American Assassin 14.8M | JLaw's Original Sin 7.5M

R rated horror movies don't jump 40 or 50% on Saturdays. In fact they're usually under 30%. So even with it jumping over 30% for this Saturday is abnormal. It'll probably have a 42 - 45% fall tomorrow. 60 is definitely possible but 59 seems more likely.

45 minutes ago, DAJK said:

It just had an awful Friday. Hitman's Bodyguard was somewhat of a fluke... being in a small town and basically having 3 weeks to itself, people needed something to do

Ah, the typical bored audience. Don't blame them honestly, given how barren August was.

• Like 1

Pretty good increase for It, all things considered. 60M is definitely in range, and again, for an R-rated horror movie in September on its 2nd weekend, that is lunacy to think about. For a movie that deals with people's worst fears, it ironically is living up to the wildest dreams of box office followers.

And also, on the topic of horror movies with good legs, not sure how many people noticed this about Annabelle, but it is very positive to hit a 2.9 multiplier, and if it reaches 105M, it will get a 3 multiplier. Again, for a prequel to a spin-off prequel that had horrible wom, that is an INSANE multiplier to hit.

2 minutes ago, JMorphin said:

I think the first Sunday hold is always strongest when there is the spillover from sell-outs because of capacity issues.  By the second weekend, the spillover factor is lessened, so it can drop more "normally".

There was also a much larger rush to see it when competing with the NFL. That rush isn't there anymore.

God Flixster is being ruthless. One person said they wished they were dead, another said they would have rather been drunk with their head in the toilet throwing up.

And something odd really is going on with the RT page. No sign of Jennifer Lawrence in the banner anymore either. Seriously think Jenns agents told Paramount to contact RT to change both the poster and the banner over the past 2 days. Paramount can't be happy with this response.

I wanted to see if this was like this for other new releases but American Assassin is still the banner of Michael Keaton and IT's the same as it's always been as well.

xS16KAF.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

God Flixster is being ruthless. One person said they wished they were dead, another said they would have rather been drunk with their head in the toilet throwing up.

And something odd really is going on with the RT page. No sign of Jennifer Lawrence in the banner anymore either. Seriously think Jenns agents told Paramount to contact RT to change both the poster and the banner over the past 2 days. Paramount can't be happy with this response.

I wanted to see if this was like this for other new releases but American Assassin is still the banner of Michael Keaton and IT's the same as it's always been as well.

xS16KAF.jpg

LOL 

Jlaw is trying to distance herself from the film.

Ok, I am just kidding...or am I?

It  continues its shockingly awesome run. 

Damn...I'd love if It  made 400 million; it would make my horror-movie-loving heart so happy!

Remember when many of us thought that 60 million would be an amazing OW for It ?? It would have, of course, but now 60 million could possibly be its second weekend!!

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

LOL 

Jlaw is trying to distance herself from the film.

Ok, I am just kidding...or am I?

I honestly don't know what else could be going on. I just noticed it when I was checking to see if Flixster had dropped anymore. That banner was definitely the main Jenn Mother banner last night. Huge image of her face.

And on Thursday night into early Friday night, the poster was definitely Jenn with the heart and not Javiar as well. That's the first time I noticed something was off because the color change is a big difference.

If she is trying to distance herself, I don't blame her if those Deadline stats are correct from last night.

20 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Is that audience rating real?

Holy shit!

Yes it is. You can go there yourself and read the reviews. It's getting so many 1/2 and one star reviews. People are trashing the hell out of it.

Edit: Wow, it's even worse on Fandango. 2 out of 5 stars with over 500 reviews. That's the first time I've seen the rating there since Thursday (wanted to see if they changed anything too and they haven't)...compared to other indie/art house stuff it's lower besides It Comes At Night. 

Seems it's the bait and switch marketing that is pissing people off the most again.

A Ghost Story - 3 Stars
Personal Shopper - 3 1/2 Stars

RAW - 4 stars

My minds drawing blanks on other big indie films this year....

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

mother! is being purged in the same way that hasn't been seen since the likes of Fant4stic. More so than that, maybe.

Sure seems like it. Did this happen with the Fant4stic RT page as well? I think it was a different format then (pretty sure it was). I've never seen it change so much like this...ever and I've been following RT since like 2003. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I honestly don't know what else could be going on. I just noticed it when I was checking to see if Flixster had dropped anymore. That banner was definitely the main Jenn Mother banner last night. Huge image of her face.

And on Thursday night into early Friday night, the poster was definitely Jenn with the heart and not Javiar as well. That's the first time I noticed something was off because the color change is a big difference.

If she is trying to distance herself, I don't blame her if those Deadline stats are correct from last night.

Yes it is. You can go there yourself and read the reviews. It's getting so many 1/2 and one star reviews. People are trashing the hell out of it.

Edit: Wow, it's even worse on Fandango. 2 out of 5 stars with over 500 reviews. That's the first time I've seen that (wanted to see if they changed anything too and they haven't)

So after a thousand interviews, major magazione spreads, multiple premieres, two late night TV spots, she is distancing herself because the poster changed on RT? OK.

• Like 1

Just now, straggler said:

So after a thousand interviews, major magazione spreads, multiple premieres, two late night TV spots, she is distancing herself because the poster changed on RT? OK.

I dunno? They definitely changed the poster and banner from her likeness so something's going on there. Why else would they do all that after the movie opens? Seems like the Deadline stats that revolved around her fans might have something to do with it.

That's the most logical conclusion I can come too but I didn't think RT was that important and I don't think it's going to stop people from knowing she's attached.