aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

Just now, That One Guy said:

could you stop bringing this up in every weekend thread thx

Ok. I was joking around but ok.

Edited by YourMother

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Reportedly early word is that it's under performing in Europe as well and they're hoping Asia bails them out.  I have my doubts that will happen, especially in China.  SK might go for it though.

Worried it's far too slow paced for China to like.

It's bombed guys.

Just now, NamakFiskKa said:

Okay.

Any hope for Oscar buzz liftup?

I mean this the October Oscar movie which should extend till February not withstanding its runtime , please tell me I'm right !!??!!

Possible but not probable. WB can sometimes take four months to release movies on Blu-Ray, but it could be out in January. Theaters won't want this re-expanded either when they have smaller BP nominees to show.

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Reportedly early word is that it's under performing in Europe as well and they're hoping Asia bails them out.  I have my doubts that will happen, especially in China.  SK might go for it though.

China was reportedly nodding off during The Force Awakens, I'm scared to think what BR2049 is going to do, put them in coma? 

• Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Worried it's far too slow paced for China to like.

It's bombed guys.

It'll be lucky to make 50M in China and will drop 90% in its second weekend :lol: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

27 minutes ago, the beast said:

Blade Runner 2049 grossed an estimated $12.7M on Friday.

Pretty much no walk ups then - you either prebought tickets b/c you were an uber-excited fan or you stayed home...guess this is exactly gonna be the Aliens Co multiplier - same type of movie audience (committed uber-fan), same type of performance...

Edited by TwoMisfits

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

To people that have seen it, does BR2049 set up a third film or does it have a pretty closed ending?

Theres some obvious directions they could go in for a 3rd movie but it is a self contained movie with no cliffhanger ending.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Ridley Scott says there are four sequels in the works :rofl: 

lol, hilarious. this joke works at multiple levels. 

@aabattery can you add it to the thread title :rofl:

Edited by a2knet

Just because it fails with the general audience doesn't mean it sucks or that anyone who doesn't like it is stupid.   It is preference and taste.   I think IT was awesome,  but someone has the right to hate it without being called names. 

BR2049  simply didn't connect.   At the end of the day,  that is the end of the story and it doesn't mean the end of the box office.   

Edited by Anyaspapa
Misspell
  • Like 3