aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

7 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Okay.

Any hope for Oscar buzz liftup?

I mean this the October Oscar movie which should extend till February not withstanding its runtime , please tell me I'm right !!??!!

Oscar chances? Man you guys are really kidding yourselves now. It'll probably get nominated for Visual Effects and a few other technicals but that's it. For Deakin's sake I hope it wins cinematography but I wouldn't even consider it a lock for it to be nominated. It'll be all but gone from theaters by the time nominations are announced.

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

That actually may placate the forum given how unusually excited half the forum seems to be for that

People being excited by a movie that will change the landscape of action and disaster films forever is "unusual" for you.

• Like 1

Just now, Valonqar said:

WB has a sure-fire BP/BD nominee in Dunkirk. So that's a big internal competition for BR2049 considering that Dunkirk not only got just as glowing reviews but is also a blockbuster of the highest order. WB's not gonna split their campaigning between them. Dunkirk is a priority. MMFR had the advantage of being the only thing that WB had as a possible nominee cause their previous priority crashed and burned in that respect. 

WB has little reason to push BR2049 because they only distributed it. The profits (or lack thereof) are gonna be minimal. They're gonna push Dunkirk way way harder and just clean their hands and be rid of BR2049 fairly quickly. They're gonna hope it becomes a cult classic and then re-release 40 times on home video to make a steady stream of revenue from it.

• Like 2

Let's do some forecasting for Blade Runner:

Oct 6: 30M (7M weekdays, 37M Total)

Oct 13: 11.5M (2.7M weekdays, 51.2M Total)

Oct 20: 4.5M (1.1M weekdays, 56.8M Total)

Oct 27: 2.3M (500k weekdays, 59.6M Total)

Nov 3: 900k (200k weekdays, 60.7M Total)

Final Total: 63M (2.1x)

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

:hahaha:

Hasan swooping in to kick people while they're down.

he's right, though. Nolan has a feel for GA without having to dumb anything down for them. He's somewhere between Cameron and Villenueve in that he has Cameron's sense of entertainment and Villenueve's sense of mind-bending. Powerful combination. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AJG said:

People being excited by a movie that will change the landscape of action and disaster films forever is "unusual" for you.

Yup. You people sicken me. 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Let's do some forecasting for Blade Runner:

Oct 6: 30M (7M weekdays, 37M Total)

Oct 13: 11.5M (2.7M weekdays, 51.2M Total)

Oct 20: 4.5M (1.1M weekdays, 56.8M Total)

Oct 27: 2.3M (500k weekdays, 59.6M Total)

Nov 3: 900k (200k weekdays, 60.7M Total)

Final Total: 63M (2.1x)

...you're fucking high if you think this movie is getting only a 2.1.  This isn't another Alien: Covenant.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

WB has a sure-fire BP/BD nominee in Dunkirk. So that's a big internal competition for BR2049 considering that Dunkirk not only got just as glowing reviews but is also a blockbuster of the highest order. WB's not gonna split their campaigning between them. Dunkirk is a priority, BR2049 is going to be some push but not top priority one. MMFR had the advantage of being the only thing that WB had as a possible nominee cause their previous priority crashed and burned in that respect. 

Is WB or Sony campaigning for it? I don't see why WB can't give Blade Runner a sizable push. Even with the box office floppage, it's still probably in for Picture and Adapted Screenplay in addition to the techs.

I'd much rather see Dune than Cleopatra.  Actually, if Angelina Jolie is still attached to that I don't want it made it all because she's a mediocre actress.  If Cleopatra is made with Denis Villeneuve, Deakins, etc. it will probably end up like Kingdom of Heaven DC where everything about the movie is fucking good except for the lead performance.

• Like 2