aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

Just now, Fullbuster said:

I don't understand..BR2049 is hyped from everywhere but it's still a flop, there's some disconnect between critics/social networks and the real world..

This is what happens when you listen to the internet and not pay attention to the real world. Same thing happened with Power Rangers, they thought that just because some rowdy morons on twitter were talking being faux-nostalgic for Power Rangers that the brand had evolved into something that deserves a PG13 $100M blockbuster, when in reality it was still a corny kids show. 

Blade Runner is a cult film, nothing about it signaled that it needed a $150m sequel. The film is good but the problem here lies in the budget. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

How did this get an A- cinemascore? WOM is clearly bad

What are you talking about? 89% on RT, 87% Audience Score, 83% PostTrak. This is not about bad WOM. It is about people in America not giving a shit about Blade Runner.

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I wonder why Warcraft flopped. It had flawless CGI, an amazing, exciting and uncliched story, and unprecedented characters. This was obviously the works of paid critics and the GA was too dumb to understand.

How do u explain that almost all European critics gave it a good grade while US critics used random reasoning to give it a D- for example. or how do u explain the fact it grossed more in Europe.

Just now, Rentaro1989 said:

How do u explain that almost all European critics gave it a good grade while US critics used random reasoning to give it a D- for example. or how do u explain the fact it grossed more in Europe.

it got bad reviews because it's a stupid ass movie.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I wonder why Warcraft flopped. It had flawless CGI, an amazing, exciting and uncliched story, and unprecedented characters. This was obviously the works of paid critics and the GA was too dumb to understand.

I thought we defeated and banished the Warcraft fanboys from here after the film flopped for being trash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rentaro1989 said:

I forgot how insufferable you were last June.

• Like 2

I guess it means there are some countries even dumber than the U.S. - and not just Portugal...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm all for conspiracy theories, but almost all video game movies flop and have bad reviews. i don't think there's a ulterior motive here for warcraft's bombing in the us

Just now, Rentaro1989 said:

European critics tend to be more lenient for most movies in general and the fact that most movies make more OS. People just didn't like Warcraft and on top of that it wasn't really destined for big numbers, I don't see why Disney would take joy in it flopping.