aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

I think the low/real/high end of China gross for BR49 is 65/80/95.

(Now bo predictions, flimsy as they are in general, are more so for an additionally unpredictable market like China, but that's how I feel as of now.)

Edited by a2knet

2 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

Why the hell do you have a Thor Ragnarok profile pic then?

I needed something to replace the Garmadon avatar I had. This was in my camera roll.

Edited by YourMother

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I don't know why but I'm not excited for Thor and JL, which is weird because I'm a huge CBM fan.

Because nothing so far from Thor has been all that exciting and JL hasn't shown enough yet.  Maybe the new trailer tomorrow will help 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Is this forum on open war against the MCU? Cause why the hell would anything else explain making a BLADE RUNNER weekend thread about it :lol: (Although, @CJohn, you should buy a Trump poster and tonguekiss it every night in punishment for putting the MCU in the same category as Trump and The Emoji Movie. You disappoint me. And before any of those Brazilian trolls jump on my wage, think for a bloody second before you say something that only humilliates your image further more. PORTUGAL IS YOUR CREATOR AND MASTER, BRAZILIANS. DEAL WITH IT).

Anyway, if those BR2049 numbers are true....... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, that's woeful. History repeats itself as both BR and its sequel are flops (2049's chances rest in China's hands, and even still, it's looking at 250-300M WW at best). Shame. Big shame, in fact. Oh well, it's gonna be another cult classic (albeit a more mainstream cult classic), and it's probably gonna sweep all of the technical awards, and maybe it can even get a Best Picture nomination.

Portugal took all our gold yet it's still a poor country, I don't think we're the ones who should be worried about our image in the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Portugal took all our gold yet it's still a poor country, I don't think we're the ones who should be worried about our image in the world.

Spoiler

*cough* they were also a driving force behind slavery *cough*

Edited by AJG

4 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Because nothing so far from Thor has been all that exciting and JL hasn't shown enough yet.  Maybe the new trailer tomorrow will help 

I frankly disagree, I wasn't really interested in Thor 3 given the previous Thor movies were boring but this summer's trailer definitely did the job : I'm pretty fired up now ;)

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Barnack said:

They quite liked the last Apes movie, The Revenant did close to Rogue One, I for one do not assume knowing their taste to much (outside if movie feature a lovely dogs that seem safe to predict)

Apes WOM is not really good, it is probably liked in China because of the obsession toward monkeys. I don't think the Revenant is liked at all, it did well likely because of the popularity of Leo and the whole he finally got his Oscar thing. I hope I'm wrong but I simply don't see a reason for BR2049 to do well in China.

2 hours ago, Lestranger said:

It honestly is mindblowing how much there is a disconnect. I can't say I understand how the box office works anymore since I don't really understand American culture as much as I did 10 years ago. This felt super hyped. It was everywhere. I couldn't escape marketing for BR in the last two weeks. Then it struggles to make 30 million. My mind has melted.

I agree, as someone who's following box office for many years of course I realize that there a disconnect, but this is the first time that I'm feeling the disconnect being so evident. BR2049 is definitely hyped on the internet, and sometimes, internet hype does translate to real life hype, TDK and IT are just some examples, so it's really hard tell which movies are really just exclusively hyped on the internet.

I was so excited when I came out of theater last night, but now I'm quite sad. 

37 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

It's too bad it won't live up to the highest expectations. But then again, who does? ;)

Seriously, though, that's a letdown for Blade Runner. I guess a mid-30s opening is good when factoring in the long running time, the huge gap from the first film, and the fact that the first film is more of a classic with film buffs than with the general population, but I was at least expecting an opening in line with those of TRON: Legacy and Mad Max: Fury Road, which fit similar descriptors.

Mid 30s? Looking more like high 20s