aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It was financed by Alcon and Sony. I don't think you could do Blade Runner on the cheap, I imagine getting Harrison Ford back cost them a pretty penny

Nothing about the movie gave me a feeling like it needed to have cost $170m to be produced. If I read the budget was $80m-$100m I wouldn’t have been shocked.

8 minutes ago, aabattery said:

It was a somewhat false alarm. It's a bit crunchy but it was mostly the cheese on the edges.

The numbers are bad, but the pizza is still good.

Clearly not an American pizza then.

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

How burnt are we talking?

at first he estimated he could salvage 17-18 bites worth of the pizza considering the first 4 bites were heavenly. then it seemed 16 bites maybe. but in reality he could not even finish the 13th bite and had to spit it out.

18 minutes ago, grim22 said:

You can see that everyone wanted Blade Runner to succeed because the box office articles today are very defensive. Wonder why they can't afford the same courtesy to say, a Transformers movie.

They certainly did with Pacific Rim, a film more similar to Transformers than they ever wanted to admit.

9 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I know I joked earlier about Blade Runner 2079 but I wouldn't be surprised if a future financier company or studio does decide to make a third Blade Runner in 30 years time, with motion captured Harrison Ford and 66 year old Ryan Gosling and whoever the big auteur director is in the year 2047. 

Kinda bumming me out that somewhere in the next 20 years or so, Harrison Ford is gonna be dead.

I mean, it's an obvious thing but still...

:sadben:

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

Nothing about the movie gave me a feeling like it needed to have cost $170m to be produced. If I read the budget was $80m-$100m I wouldn’t have been shocked.

I remember how the movie development began, by sending Ford an offer via press release. Weirdest way to do it, but it worked

Warner Bros-based Alcon Entertainment (‘Prisoners,’ ‘The Blind Side,’ ‘The Book of Eli’) has an offer out to Harrison Ford to reprise his celebrated role of Rick Deckard in its Ridley Scott-directed sequel to ‘Blade Runner,’ it was announced by Alcon co-founders and co-CEO’s Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson.

Hampton Fancher (co-writer of the 1982 adaptation) and Michael Green are the screenwriters. While the story is being kept under wraps, it takes place several decades after the conclusion of the 1982 original.

State Johnson and Kosove: “We believe that Hampton Fancher and Michael Green have crafted with Ridley Scott an extraordinary sequel to one of the greatest films of all time. We would be honored, and we are hopeful, that Harrison will be part of our project.”

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

A sequel made sense. 

Not one at $150-185m not including P&A though.

1 minute ago, AJG said:

I agree, I think Alcon probably got a bit ambitious with BR and Sony did it as well. I think both WB and Sony will want to work with Denis though for future films, Blade Runner 2049's performance won't deter them from working with him again,

Just now, UNDERDOG said:

Kinda bumming me out that somewhere in the next 20 years or so, Harrison Ford is gonna be dead.

I mean, it's an obvious thing but still...

:sadben:

He might be still be alive and kicking at 90 something! 

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Good New Zealand pizza. :cloud9:

Wilderpeople won the year here as well in 2016. Even our box office is still good.

Ive now seen that movie, its really great. Was especially good to see Sam Neil be back in a well-written role and im now even more excited for Deadpool 2.

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

He might be still be alive and kicking at 90 something! 

Kirk Douglas shows its possible. Would be great to see the likes of Ford, Morgan Freeman, Jack Nicholson etc. to pass that 100 year milestone.